Indictment hearing against Samrat on November 30
Published: 14:01 20 October 2020 Updated: 15:20 20 October 2020
Ismail Hossain Chowdhury Samrat
A court fixed November 30 for hearing on framing charges against Ismail Hossain Chowdhury Samrat, an expelled Jubo League leader, in two cases under the Arms and Narcotics Act.
Samrat was produced before the Metropolitan Session Judge Court, Dhaka on Tuesday morning amid tight security. Later, the court fixed the date after taking cognizance of charge sheet against Samrat in the arms and drug cases.
Samrat's associate Enamul Haque Arman is also accused in the drug case.
Earlier on November 6 last year, RAB-1 Sub-inspector Shekhar Chandra Mallik, also an investigation officer of the case, submitted the charge sheet against Samrat to the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Court of Dhaka in the arms case. Later on December 9, SI Abdul Halim of RAB-1 filed the charge sheet against Samrat and Arman in the drug case.
RAB arrested Samrat and his close aide Enamul Haque Arman in Cumilla after raiding a house near Indian border on October 6. He came under the spotlight after Rab busted his illegal casino business at different sporting clubs in Dhaka.
- Anushka rape and murder: Court directs DNA test
- ACC files chargesheet against Casino Khalid
- HC orders Papul’s wife, daughter to surrender
- ‘Golden Monir’ on 18 days remand
- Case files against ex-mayor Sayeed Khokon, 7 others
- 7 judges with rank of District and Session Judge transferred
- Mother-son murdered in Kakrail: Husband among 3 to die
- Writ filed banning Bigo Live, TikTok, Likee apps
- Life imprisonment means jail until death: Appellate Division
- Verdict on sensational Samiul murder case today
- Drug case: Probe report against Irfan Selim deferred
- Hearing on Golden Monir`s bail plea today
- Arrest warrant issued against PK Haldar
- Youth confesses rape, murder of schoolgirl in Kalabagan
- Hearing of case against Sabrina, Ariful adjourned till Dec 15