India records 624 more fatalities
Published: 15:31 14 July 2021
India registered 38,792 new coronavirus cases, taking the infection tally to 3,09,46,074, while the death toll reached 4,11,408 with 624 more fatalities, according to the Union Health Ministry's data updated on Wednesday.
The active cases have declined to 4,29,946 and comprise 1.39 percent of the total infections, while the national COVID-19 recovery rate stands at 97.28 percent, the data updated at 8 am showed.
A decrease of 2,832 cases has been recorded in the active COVID-19 caseload in a span of 24 hours.
The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to 3,01,04,720, while the case fatality rate has increased to 1.33 percent, the data stated.
Also, 19,15,501 tests were conducted on Tuesday, taking the total cumulative tests conducted so far for detection of COVID-19 in the country to 43,59,73,639, while the daily positivity rate was recorded at 2.10 percent. It has been less than three percent for 23 consecutive days, the ministry said.
The weekly positivity rate stands at 2.25 percent, according to the Health Ministry.
Cumulative vaccine doses administered so far has reached 38.76 crore under the nationwide vaccination drive.
India's COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20 lakh-mark on August 7, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5 and 50 lakh on September 16.
It went past 60 lakh on September 28, 70 lakh on October 11, crossed 80 lakh on October 29, 90 lakh on November 20 and surpassed the one crore-mark on December 19.
India crossed the grim milestone of two crore on May 4 and three crore on June 23.
The 624 new fatalities include 196 deaths from Maharashtra and 124 from Kerala.
A total of 4,11,408 deaths have been reported so far in the country, including 1,26,220 from Maharashtra, 35,944 from Karnataka, 33,502 from Tamil Nadu, 25,020 from Delhi, 22,704 from Uttar Pradesh, 17,944 from West Bengal and 16,199 from Punjab.
The Health Ministry stressed that more than 70 per cent of the deaths occurred due to comorbidities.
"Our figures are being reconciled with the Indian Council of Medical Research," the ministry said on its website, adding that state-wise distribution of figures is subject to further verification and reconciliation.
- Covid Delta variant as transmissible as chickenpox: CDC
- First case of deadly Marburg virus in West Africa detected
- Huge floods leave 120 dead in Europe
- Probe body formed over 14 killed in China warehouse blaze: Xinhua
- 4 killed in Turkey wildfire
- 6.7-magnitude earthquake shakes Philippines
- `Smallest baby at birth` discharged from hospital after 13 months
- China ready for ‘friendly relations’ with Taliban
- UK announces to welcome 20,000 Afghans
- Haiti earthquake: Death toll climbs to over 1,297
- Malaysia PM Muhyiddin to resign
- Saudi allows Umrah after Hajj in Holy city
- Taliban accused of killing pregnant police officer
- Children, foreigners among 13 killed outside Kabul airport
- 28 abducted Baptist school students freed in Nigeria