India building collapse death toll climbs to 20
Published: 20:31 22 September 2020 Updated: 20:32 22 September 2020
The death toll from a three-story building collapsed in the Bhiwandi area of India’s Mumbai has climbed to 20, according to the police.
The accident took place on Monday morning, NDTV quoted the Thane Municipal Corporation as saying, ten people have died, and we have rescued 11 people alive.
According to the report, the accident took place around 3:45 am local time on Monday. The country’s National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and fire service then arrived and launched a rescue operation.
The NDRF said locals had rescued about 20 people. However, according to preliminary information, it is feared that more people are still trapped under the rubble.
- Bangalore clash: 3 killed, Sec 144 imposed (video)
- Trump accused of rape: US court deadlines for DNA submit
- Maci Currin: Texas teen at 6ft 10in has world’s longest legs
- Trump’s heartfelt statement over younger’s death
- 2,000-year-old brain cells of Vesuvius victim found intact
- Alina Kabaeva: Putin’s lover vanished after giving birth to twins
- Trump announces peace deal between Bahrain and Israel
- Manhunt in Kenosha: 2 more killed, 1 wounded on 3rd-night protest
- Chinese vlogger dies after ‘set on fire by during live stream’
- Air strikes in Afghanistan kill 45
- Violence sparked as another black man shot by US police (video)
- Yes, Trump conspired with the Russians; Admits republican Senat
- British soldier arrested opposing infants killing in Yemen war
- 450 Indians detained in Saudi for part-time begging
- Man cuts pregnant wife’s belly to check baby’s gender