‘Income Tax Fair’ kicks off tomorrow
Published: 19:42 13 November 2019
The 10th edition of the week-long ‘Income Tax Fair’ will begin in the country tomorrow in a bid to create massive awareness among people on tax as well as render tax-related services.
The fair will continue in all the divisional cities including the capital till November 20. The fair in the capital would be held on the Officers’ Club Premises.
The slogan of this edition of the fair is “Sobai Mile Dibo Kor, Desh Hobe Swanirbhor’ while the theme of the fair has been set at “Voluntary participation in paying taxes, implementation of vision is ensured”.
President M Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today issued separate messages on the eve of the week-long income tax fair.
NBR Chairman Md Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan at a press conference said that the fair will be held in all the district headquarters for four days while for two days in 48 Upazilas.
Besides, a one-day ‘Mobile Income Tax Fair’ will be held at eight growth centers at Upazila-level, he added.
Like the previous years, the taxpayers would get bank booth facilities on the fair premises to submit their tax returns side by side the tax officials would assist them at the designated support centers, the NBR Chairman said, adding, “All income tax-related services will be available under one roof while the taxpayers would only need to bring the necessary papers.”
He informed that the fair would facilitate e-TIN registration and submission of income tax returns, the realization of taxes, providing assistance in filling up tax returns and necessary arrangements for providing training on tax education.
Mosharraf said a website has been launched highlighting all necessary data related to income tax while mobile banking services have also been introduced to pay taxes.
- DITF duration extended
- DITF-2020 begins on Wednesday
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Bangladesh to outshine Malaysia, Singapore by 2024
- Mustafa Kamal named world’s best Finance Minister
- ‘Income Tax Fair’ kicks off tomorrow
- Armed Forces Income Tax Fair begins
- Onion cargo flight arrives at Shahjalal airport
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- Engr Sayeed Ahmed made PDB new chairman
- Bangla Bond debuts on London Stock Exchange
- Toyota to recall 1,380 defective cars in China
- Onions’ 1st shipment arrive Tuesday by cargo planes
- Ecnec okays 7 projects worth Tk 11,042 cr
- Uniform made compulsory for all Customs and VAT officials