ICC debarred Zimbabwe
Published: 09:45 19 July 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The ICC has terminated the 9th Test playing-team Zimbabwe; as a result, no cricket team of the country can participate in ICC events. The decision was taken at the ICC annual meeting in London on Thursday. Besides, Zambia and Croatia have their ICC membership while Morocco has been expelled.
The ICC has banned Zimbabwe from cricket unanimously because of violation of Article 2.4 (C) and (D) of the Constitution.
It has been said in this law that there will be no government interfere in Cricket regarding democratically team selections with full independence and proper governance or administration. Brendan Taylor, Hamilton Masakadzara, have been banned indefinitely under the rules.
After taking back the membership from Zimbabwe, ICC chairman Shashanka Manohar said, "We do not want to ban any of our members easily.”
“But we must keep an eye on keeping away political interference from sport. What happened in Zimbabwe is a serious violation of the ICC constitution and we will not tolerate it,” Shashanka also said.
- Shakib removes dangerous Pant
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Copa América
Argentina faces Venezuela in Quarter Final tonight
- Bangladesh`s World Cup mission starts
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Offical theme song of ICC World Cup 2019 released
- Bangladesh will play in semi-final: Akash Chopra
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- Mahmudullah the silent killer!
- Asia’s Bengal Tigers begin with victory
- Taylor, Williamson lead NZ to beat India
- Caribbean came to end defeated to India by 125 runs
- Argentina and Qatar set for crucial Copa America match
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs