Humayun Ahmed`s 7th death anniv today
Published: 10:46 19 July 2019
The country’s renowned literary, film-maker, producer Humayun Ahmed's 7th death anniversary today. On this day (July 19) in 2012, he died in a US hospital.
Humayun Ahmed was born on 13 November 1948 in Mohanganj of Netrakona district. His father's name was Faijur Rahman (Pakistani army killed him in 1971); and mother Ayesha Foyez.
He passed ‘Probeshika’ (Entrance) examination from Bogura Zila School (Second in the merit list in Rajshahi Division) in 1967, HSC from Dhaka College in 1969, and later, he earned a post-graduate degree from Dhaka University.
In 1972, when he was a student of Dhaka University, his first novel 'Nandit Narak' was published. The second novel 'Shankhinil Karagar', published in 1974.
In his life time, there are two hundred books were published. In the professional life, Humayun Ahmed was a teacher. He was a lecturer at the Agriculture University. Later, he joined Dhaka University. He took the writings as the profession and retired from teaching.
The prominent literary has lots of creations, of them; ‘Josna o Jononir Golpo’, ‘Moddyanho’, Himur Ase Jol’, ‘Lilabati’, Horoton Iskapon’, ‘Himur Bababr Kothamala’, ‘Golpo Ponchas’, ‘Ami E Misir Ali’, ‘Himu Rememande’, Mrsir Ali's Chosma’, ‘Dighir Jole Kart Chhayago’, ‘Aj Himur Buiye’, ‘Lilua Batas’, ‘Kichu Shoishob’, ‘Humayun Ahmeder Voutik omnibus,’ ‘Aguner Poroshmoni’, ‘Pap’, ‘71’, ‘Sraban Megher Din’ are noted.
Among his films; ‘Sankhinil Karagar’, ‘Sraban Megher Din’, ‘Dui Duari’, ‘Chandraktha’ and ‘Shyamal Chhaya’ were the most popular across the country.
He has received numerous awards including Ekushey Padak, Bangla Academy Award, Lekhok Shibir Award and Michael Madhusudan Medal for his contributions in literature.
Humayun Ahmed established 'Nuhash Palli' in Gazipur for the promotion of art and culture. To celebrate the day, the devotees and relatives will pay tribute to Humayun Ahmed at the Nuhash Palli. Though he died, his memories and Nuhashpally are attracting people repeatedly.
- Apurba-Nazia splits after 9yrs of marriage
- Tisha’s warning amid Apurba-Nazia split out; Why?
- Why Apurba-Nazia splitting?
- Mystery begun to unravel: Sushant was Killed?
- Finally Apurba himself unveils the mystery
- Nazia urges all not to blame Apurba over divorce
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Nusrat Faria engaged
- Apurba -Tisha tie the knot again this Eid!
- Actress Ferdousi Ahmed Lina dies
- Shabnam Faria’s ‘Joruri Divorce’
- Shokh got married on May 12!
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- Two controversial web series removed
- Unable to bear loss, Sushant’s sister-in-law dies