"Huge" blast rocks military hospital in Pakistan
Published: 10:45 24 June 2019 Updated: 15:29 24 June 2019
At least 10 people were injured after a "huge" blast rocked a military hospital in Rawalpindi of Pakistan on Sunday, reported Indian news agency ANI on Monday.
According to the report, a human rights worker from Quetta, Ahsan Ullah MiaKhail, has alleged that the army has barred the media from covering the incident.
He also claimed that UN-blacklisted terrorist and Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) chief Masood Azhar was admitted at the hospital where the blast occurred.
"Huge #blast at Military Hospital in #Rawalpindi, #Pakistan. 10 injured shifted to emergency. Jaish-E-Mohammad Chief Maulana Masood Azahar is admitted here. Completely Media blackout by Army. Media asked Strictly not to cover this story," MiaKhail tweeted.
While the reason behind the "blast" is not known, another Twitter user has alleged that it is an "attack".
Another user of the microblogging site shared a video of smoke billowing out of the building.
An official statement and verification of the incident is awaited.
Meanwhile, citing rescue services, Pakistan's oldest, leading and most widely read English-language newspaper "Dawn" reported that Seven people were injured in an accidental fire that broke out in the officers’ ward of the Military Hospital (MH).
Accoding to its report, "Moments before the fire, an explosion was heard in the building which the police said was a boiler’s blast."
- Gibraltar frees seized Iran oil tanker
- `Kashmiri Girl` on top position
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Saudi man accidentally buys 2 Airbus for sons birthday
- 4 of a Bangladeshi family found dead in Canada
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Princess Diana ‘alive’!
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- Putin warned before 9/11 Twin-Tower attack
- Pakistan’s first female astronaut welcomed ISRO
- More than 100 bodies found floating in Libya coast
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- NZ mosque attack accused drops bid to move trial
- Article 370: What is happening with Kashmiris?