How students to be promoted from class 8 to class 9
Published: 17:20 27 August 2020 Updated: 18:25 27 August 2020
The JSC and JDC examinations of 2020 will not be held. As a result, it is decided to pass the students to the next class through the assessment in the classroom – if the coronavirus situation in the country is normal.
Confirming the matter on Thursday, MA Khair, Information and Public Relations Officer of Education of Ministry, told Daily Bangladesh, “If the coronavirus situation is normal then the assessment will be done in the traditional way. However, this decision has not been finalized yet.”
He further said that if the situation is not normal then what will be the assessment system from sixth-grade to twelfth-grade, how they will be promoted to the next class – the Ministry of Education is working on that issue.
Meanwhile, Education Minister Dr. Dipu Moni has instructed to make a proposal on what could be the alternative assessment method in case of HSC examinations and passing the next class in various educational institutions of the secondary level if the coronavirus outbreak in the country is not normal.
She gave the instruction to the officials of the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Technical Board, Department of Secondary and Higher Education and National Curriculum and Textbook Board at a meeting on Thursday.
Dr. Dipu Moni said the education ministry is working on what kind of changes should be made in the education system during the coronavirus and post-coronavirus period.
During the meeting, she directed the teachers of secondary, higher secondary, madrasa and technical schools to keep the students motivated through direct communication or using social media in compliance with the hygiene rules during the coronavirus period.
- SSC exams in 2021 likely to be cancelled
- 42nd, 43rd BCS circular today
- BUP lecturer leaves for Cambridge with Commonwealth scholarship
- 43rd BCS circular soon
- How students to be promoted from class 8 to class 9
- Monthly internet bundle at Tk 100 for students
- Hidden stories behind a ‘viral anti-rape’ photo
- No ‘autopass’, students to pass into next class on assessment
- Next SSC-HSC exams likely to be delayed
- Dipu Moni: HSC exam to be taken in two weeks’ preparations
- Class-XI admission begins
- Decision on HSC exams schedule today
- No quota for primary teachers recruitment
- 40th BCS written exam results to be published soon
- Online classes for Grade XI begins