Holey Artisan attack case: Five more policemen testify
Published: 15:41 25 June 2019
Five more Policemen on Tuesday testified before an anti-terror special court in Dhaka in a case lodged over 2016 terrorist attack on an upscale cafe in capital’s Gulshan area.
The witnesses are Superintendent of police (SPs) Abdul Ahad, Jasim Uddin, assistant deputy commissioner Obaidul Huq, Inspector Mahabub Alam and sub-inspector Billal Bhuiyan.
They submitted their depositions before Judge Md Mujibur Rahman of Dhaka Anti-terrorism Special Tribunal and were cross-examined hereafter. The court after that set July 2 as the next date of hearing.
A total of 60 witnesses out of total 211 have so far testified in the case.
Militants killed 20 innocent people, most of them foreigners, in the grisly attack at the cafe on July 1, 2016. Two police officials valiantly laid down their lives while trying to save people there. Later, five militants were killed in a commando operation.
Police filed the case under the anti-terror act with Gulshan Police
The trial initiated on November 26, 2018, by framing charges against the eight accused-Jahangir Alam alias Rajib Gandhi, Rakibul Hasan Regan, Rashedul
Islam alias Rash, Sohel Mahfuz, Mizanur Rahman alias Boro Mizan, Hadisur Rahman Sagar, Shariful Islam and Mamunur Rashid. BSS
- GD filed over Nusrat’s death
- PBI found sensational information over Nusrat killing
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Barguna murder: HC seeks info about ‘action’ taken within noon
- 3 to die for killing RU prof Shafiul
- Modhumoti Model Town remains illegal
- Female magistrates for testimonies of sexual assault victims
- Lead found in 93 out of 96 liquid milk in the market
- Nusrat murder: Writ seeks judicial probe
- HC asks to remove 52 adulterated products by 10 days
- Writ over re-fixing of Shab-e-Barat date refused
- Nayon Bond not made in a day: HC
- Nusrat murder
Charge sheet submitted seeking death penalty for 16
- 6 to die for Anis Khadem murder case