Holey Artisan attack case: Five more policemen testify
Published: 15:41 25 June 2019
Five more Policemen on Tuesday testified before an anti-terror special court in Dhaka in a case lodged over 2016 terrorist attack on an upscale cafe in capital’s Gulshan area.
The witnesses are Superintendent of police (SPs) Abdul Ahad, Jasim Uddin, assistant deputy commissioner Obaidul Huq, Inspector Mahabub Alam and sub-inspector Billal Bhuiyan.
They submitted their depositions before Judge Md Mujibur Rahman of Dhaka Anti-terrorism Special Tribunal and were cross-examined hereafter. The court after that set July 2 as the next date of hearing.
A total of 60 witnesses out of total 211 have so far testified in the case.
Militants killed 20 innocent people, most of them foreigners, in the grisly attack at the cafe on July 1, 2016. Two police officials valiantly laid down their lives while trying to save people there. Later, five militants were killed in a commando operation.
Police filed the case under the anti-terror act with Gulshan Police
The trial initiated on November 26, 2018, by framing charges against the eight accused-Jahangir Alam alias Rajib Gandhi, Rakibul Hasan Regan, Rashedul
Islam alias Rash, Sohel Mahfuz, Mizanur Rahman alias Boro Mizan, Hadisur Rahman Sagar, Shariful Islam and Mamunur Rashid. BSS
- Rifat murder
Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Renu murder: mastermind Hridoy on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Only President, Prime Minister are VIPs; states HC
- Train crash in Sirajganj
Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- Rifat murder: Hearing on Minni’s bail plea today
- 2 sedition cases filed against Priya Saha
- Report against SK Sinha, 10 other Aug 28
- Sexual assault on Nusrat: charges to be formed Jul 17
- ACC summons Mahi and his wife
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- HC refuses to interfere on Minni`s remand order
- Khaleda’s bail hearing in Charitable Trust case Tuesday