High-Tech Park to be set in every district
Published: 21:29 9 July 2019
State Minister for Information and Communication Technology Junaid Ahmed Palak said, the High-Tech Park or Software Technology Park will be built in all the districts of Bangladesh under the Bangladesh Hi-tech Park Authority.
Responding to a question of ruling party MP Khaleda Khanam, the minister disclose this information in the house on Tuesday.
These parks will be established in the divisions and districts in the light of the land allotment and necessary guidelines, Plak also added.
The house is also informed that, under the project of ‘Digital connections set’ up by the Directorate of Information and Communication Technology, plans have been made to set up an ICT training lab in Upazila Parishad Complex in every district and upazila, by 2023. The moister said this, responding to the question of another ruling party PM Samil Uddin Ahmed Shimul.
Responding to the question of Anwarul Azim Anar, MP of the ruling party, the minister said various steps and activities were taken through the Bangladesh Computer Council (BCC) in the initiative of Information and Communication Department to create huge unemployed society as an information technology workforce. Under the LICT project 33 thousand 188 people are given international standard training. Out of which 10 thousand 821 people have been employed in the ICT industry. 2,975 government officials have been trained at home and abroad regarding e-governance and cyber security.
He said that, to develop skilled manpower in the country's information technology sector, the government financed training program for two thousand and 100 people in Cumilla, Chittagong, Sylhet, Barisal, Magura, Netrokona district and Natore Sadar and Singra upazila under the project and program of Government Hi-Tech Park Authority has been completed.
- Vivo ‘Made in Bangladesh’ soon
- Seminar on cybersecurity held at MIST
- ‘Cyber 71’ to recover disable Facebook ID if feeds poor people
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Vivo S1 pre-booking starts
- `No alternative to capacity building to tackle cyber attack`
- Australia plans to censor extremist online content
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Chandrayaan-2: India launches second Moon mission
- A new way to turn heat into useful energy
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- New kind of quantum time order
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Technology to detect fake or real smile!