Heavy rainfall likely due to low effect
Published: 16:00 29 July 2021
Moderately heavy to very heavy rainfalls are likely to occur at many places over Mymensingh and Sylhet division due to a well-marked low over the Southeastern part of Bangladesh in the next 24 hours ending tomorrow at 9:00 am.
Besides, light to moderate rains or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty or squally wind of (25-35) kph is likely to occur at most places over Rangpur, Rajshahi, Dhaka, Khulna, Barishal and Chattogram divisions
The country’s Met Office, Bangladesh Meteorological Department, has said this in a weather bulletin issued on Thursday.
The weather forecast says “rainfall activity may decrease” in the next 72 hours or within three days.
Besides, day and night temperature may remain nearly unchanged over the country, it added.
It is learned that the well-marked low over the southwestern part of Bangladesh and adjoining area has now lied over the western part of Bangladesh and adjoining West Bengal. It is likely to move Northwestwards.
The axis of the monsoon trough runs through Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, the center of the well-marked low to Assam across the central part of Bangladesh. As a result, the monsoon is active over Bangladesh and strong over North Bay.
Today’s sunset will be at 6:43 pm and tomorrow’s sunrise will be at 5:27 am.
- ADC Saqlain withdrawn for taking Pori Moni at house
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- ‘Hero’ Captain Naushad passes away
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- RAB raids Helena’s JoyJatra TV, channel to be shut down
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Tk4 crore looted from Dhaka Bank vault, 2 held
- 2 associates of model Piyasha arrested with weapons, drugs
- Mass Vaccination campaign
28.37 lakh people vaccinated in one day
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic
- Decision on strict lockdown extension today
- RAB raids Helena Jahangir`s house
- Fire in Banani’s 6-storey building, 14 firefighting units working
- Helena Jahangir detained
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur