Hearing on bail plea against Samrat Oct 15
Published: 16:09 9 October 2019
A Dhaka court on Wednesday set October 15 to hold hearing on police plea to place former Jubo League leader Ismail Hossain Chowdhury Samrat on total 20-day remand in two cases filed with capital’s Ramna Police Station for possessing illegal arms and narcotics.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Sorafuzzaman Ansari set the date as jail authorities couldn’t produce the accused as he undergoing treatment at National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases after falling sick at jail.
The same court also showed former Dhaka South unit Jubo League vice president Enamul Haque Arman arrested in a narcotics case filed with Gulshan Police Station and set October 15 to hold hearing on bail plea filed against him by police.
Police on October 7 filed separate pleas to take Samrat on total 20-day remand in the two cases.
In their petitions, police pleaded to show the former president of Jubo League’s Dhaka city South unit arrested in the two cases and put him on 10-day remand in each of the cases.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Yasmin Ara had set today to hold hearing on the pleas to show Samrat arrested and his remand, in his presence.
Police on that day also pleaded to take former Dhaka South unit Jubo League vice-president Enamul Haque Arman on 10-day remand in the narcotics case. The court at the time also set today to hear the bail plea in his presence today.
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB)-1 DAD Abdul Khalek filed the two cases against Samrat with Ramna Police Station on the afternoon of October 7, making Arman co-accused in the narcotics case.
RAB on early Sunday arrested Samrat and his associate Arman from village Kunja Sreepur of Alkora union under Chauddagram Upazila of Cumilla district.
- Rifat murder
Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Renu murder: mastermind Hridoy on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Train crash in Sirajganj
Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- Only President, Prime Minister are VIPs; states HC
- Rifat murder: Hearing on Minni’s bail plea today
- 2 sedition cases filed against Priya Saha
- ACC summons Mahi and his wife
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- HC refuses to interfere on Minni`s remand order
- Khaleda’s bail hearing in Charitable Trust case Tuesday
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Renu Murder: Writ seeks Tk 5cr compensation