Hearing on Golden Monir`s bail plea today
Published: 11:09 13 December 2020 Updated: 11:11 13 December 2020
RAB arrested `Golden` Monir’. Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The Chief metropolitan magistrate court in Dhaka is scheduled to hear Monir Hossain alias 'Golden' Monir’s bail petition on Sunday in three separate cases filed under the Arms, Special Powers and Narcotics Act.
On December 10, the court fixed today for the hearing on bail. On that day, accused 'Golden' Monir was produced before the court after his 27-day remand under two-phases was over. In the court, the Detective Branch (DB) of police, the investigating agency of the cases, pleaded to the court to keep him in jail while his lawyer filed a bail petition for his client.
Later, the court ordered to send 'Golden' Monir to jail and fixed December 13 for the hearing on bail.
On November 20, 2020, Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) conducted a raid at 'Golden' Monir's residence in the capital's Badda area and arrested him along with foreign-made arms, jewelries weighing 600 Bhories, liquour, a huge amount of foreign currencies of ten countries, and cash Tk 1 crore 9 lakh.
- Anushka rape and murder: Court directs DNA test
- ACC files chargesheet against Casino Khalid
- HC orders Papul’s wife, daughter to surrender
- ‘Golden Monir’ on 18 days remand
- Case files against ex-mayor Sayeed Khokon, 7 others
- 7 judges with rank of District and Session Judge transferred
- Mother-son murdered in Kakrail: Husband among 3 to die
- Writ filed banning Bigo Live, TikTok, Likee apps
- Life imprisonment means jail until death: Appellate Division
- Verdict on sensational Samiul murder case today
- Drug case: Probe report against Irfan Selim deferred
- Hearing on Golden Monir`s bail plea today
- Arrest warrant issued against PK Haldar
- Youth confesses rape, murder of schoolgirl in Kalabagan
- Hearing of case against Sabrina, Ariful adjourned till Dec 15