‘Happy birthday’ country’s poster boy Shakib
Published: 12:37 24 March 2019 Updated: 17:50 24 March 2019
Today is 32nd birthday of the world's all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan. This star cricketer was born on 24th March 1987 in Magura district.
Father Mashroor Reza is a football fan, but the boy grew up with bat-ball. Shakib began cricket in a local club in Magura while his miraculous bowling and batting created exceptional position among his teammate. After the interest of son, his father Mashroor Reza admitted him to the Bangladesh Sports Education Institute (BKSP). Later, the Bangladesh Under-19 team brought Shakib to the limelight with his impressive performance.
In 2006, Shakib made his international debut on the red-green jersey in Zimbabwe’s Harare against Zimbabwe national team.
Shakib made his introduction to the Test series against India in the year after the one-day debut. He played his first match in the short format T-Twenty20 against Zimbabwe in Khulna in 2006.
Shakib has proved his performance in every format of the sport. He is showing great pride in this era franchise based T-20 league outside international cricket. Played almost all the leagues in the world.
- Messi in new look
- Shakib reveals name of newborn daughter
- Zahid Ahsan Russell mourns Mohammed Nasim`s death
- They want to dance in funeral of Ronaldinho, Maradona and Messi
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Pakistan cricket team leaves for England
- World champion sprinter suspended over missing drug test
- Mashrafe tests positive for coronavirus
- Sammy was called `kalu` during IPL
- Today’s sports on TV including two matches of Bangladesh
- Jordan pledged $100 million to fight racism
- Japanese wrestler Hana Kimura dies
- Bayern Munich partnered with TikTok
- Barcelona faces Mallorca tonight
- ICC officially made five regulation changes in cricket