Happy Birthday ‘Tin Konya’ Champa and Selim
Published: 12:11 5 January 2021
Champa and Selim
Today (January 5) is the birthday of two renowned stars of the country - actress Gulshan Ara Akter Champa and actor Shahiduzzaman Selim. The two of them have been floating with wishes on social media since night from fans and admirers.
They said they would celebrate the day at home with no special arrangements.
Shuchanda, Babita and Champa are famously known as the ‘Tin Konya’ in the Dhaka film industry. Gulshan Ara Champa is the youngest of these three sisters. Born on 5 January 1965, Champa’s ancestral home is in Jashore city.
Champa started her acting career in 1981 with the drama ‘Doob Satar’ written and directed by Abdullah Al Mamun on BTV. However, she debuted on the big screen with the eagerness of her elder sister Suchanda. She made her film debut in 1986 through Shibli Sadique’s ‘Tin Konya’. The three sisters — Suchanda, Babita and Champa — starred in the film which later became the blockbuster hit. Later, Champa also got success in the films ‘Sahajatri’ and ‘Bheja Chokh’. Then she did not have to look behind.
From the mid-80s to the first half of the 90s, Champa was the number one commercial actress. She was very successful in social, action and folk-based films.
Champa has won the National Film Award for the Best Actress thrice and for the Best Supporting Actress twice. Besides, the actress received the ‘Zia Gold Award’ and ‘Sher-e-Bangla Award’.
Actor Shahiduzzaman Selim, a stage, TV and film actor, on the other hand, has set foot in 61 years. He was born on 5 January 1961.
While studying at Jahangirnagar University, Shahiduzzaman Selim joined the Nattyo Andolon. He later joined the Dhaka Theater in 1983 as a stage actor and has been performing regularly under the group till today.
He made his small-screen debut in 1989 with the play ‘Jonaki Jole’ on Bangladesh Television. Shahiduzzaman Selim has acted in more than 150 dramas. Besides, he has worked in many commercials.
He also has a brilliant presence on the big screen. His notable films are - ‘Made in Bangladesh’, ‘Chorabali’, ‘Devdas’, ‘Meghmallar’, ‘Bapjaner Bioscope’. He won the National Film Award for ‘Chorabali’ directed by Redoan Rony in 2012.
- Sabnam Faria, Apu get divorced after ‘2yrs’ of marriage
- TV actress Asa Chowdhury died in Mirpur road crash
- Prova’s new video again goes ‘viral’
- Toma Mirza finally on way to get divorced
- We will have love, friendship as long as we live: Faria’s comment
- Shabnam Faria deactivates Facebook account, page
- Aparna Ghosh got engaged to Satyajit
- Model Sadia Naz’s hanging body recovered in Dhaka
- Actress Aupee Karim becomes mother of a baby girl
- Showbiz arena mourns Asa’s sudden death
- Toma’s lawsuit against husband: Probe report on “Valentine’s Day”
- Sabnam Faria appears in new look after divorce
- Tawsif Mahbub and his wife infected with Covid-19
- Aparna ties knot with Satyajit
- The ending could be beautiful too: Faria’s remarks on criticism