Happy Birthday Mashrafe !
Published: 12:16 5 October 2019 Updated: 12:17 5 October 2019
Today is star cricketer Mashrafi bin Mortaza’s birthday. And on the birthday of this successful captain, the DailyBangladesh wishes and congratulates him.
Mashrafi today set foot in the 37th year. The star cricketer was born on the 5th of October 1983 on the banks of the Chitra River in Narail. Coincidentally, his son the Sahel was also born today. The first son of Mashrafi-Sumi pair born in Dhaka on the same day in 2014.
But Mashrafe is reluctant to celebrate the occasion like a birthday. The reason, however, is revealed. The first birthday was celebrated in the maternal grandparents' house. At that time, his mother celebrated the day, after the ceremony, her father called her and said, "Suppose your son lives for 70 years, then his lifetime either increasing or decreasing?" Masrafe’s then understood and replied, it is decreasing. Her father (Mashrafe’s grandfather) then said, "So instead of celebrating in such way, you can feed the poor and pray Nafal Ebadath.
Mashrafe's birthday was never celebrated by the family since then. As he grew up, Mashrafe did not go against his mother's thoughts. However, Mashrafe avoids the formality of his birthday, but fans and teammates greeted him through social media.
Mashrafe was also elected a member of parliament from Narail-2 constituency in the 11th parliamentary election.
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Fizz wishes Warner for hitting ton on birthday
- Shakib banned for 2 yrs
- Rajshahi Royals rope Andre Russell
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- ‘Bangabandhu Gold Cup 2020’ to be held at BNS
- China`s state TV pulls live Arsenal game
- Sexual harassment case against Tennis Federation GS
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Sourav Ganguly elected president of India’s cricket board
- Why will ICC ban Shakib?
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Did Shakib get death threat from gambler Agarwal?