Hajj flight begins July 4
Published: 21:21 25 June 2019 Updated: 21:40 25 June 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
This year’s Hajj flights will be started on July 4. A flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines (BG-3001) will leave Dhaka for Jeddah with 419 pilgrims at 7:15 am on that day.
The Biman Bangladesh Airlines Authority has already completed all types of preparations for the smooth operation of Hajj flight at the scheduled time.
State Minister for Civil Aviation and Tourism Mahbub Ali and State Minister for Religious Affairs Advocate Sheikh Md. Abdullah will be present at the airport at and see off the flight for Hajj pilgrims to Jeddah.
Bangladesh Biman's Deputy General Manager (Public Relations) Tahera Khandakar confirmed the news on Tuesday.
Biman Bangladesh Airlines said in a press release that on the same day, the Hajj flight Biman Bangladesh Airlines (BG-3101) at 11.15am, BG-3201 at 3:15 pm, BG-3301 at 7:15 pm and the scheduled flight BG- 0035 will leave Dhaka for Jeddah at 8:15 pm. In addition to this, there are 19 hajj flights will be operated from Chittagong and 3 Hajj flights from Sylhet this year, the press release added.
Sources informed, from Banglasdesh, about 1 lakh 27 thousand 198 pilgrims will go to Saudi Arabia to observe the Holy Hajj this year. A total of 63,599 pilgrims will go to the Mecca on Hajj flight and scheduled flights. Of which there will be 7 thousand and 198 Hajj pilgrims in government management and remaining 56 thousand 401 pilgrims in private management.
This year, Biman's 4 Boeing 777-300ER aircrafts have been prepared for carrying the pilgrims to Dhaka-Jeddah-Dhaka route. Besides, the scheduled regular flights to Dhaka-Jeddah-Dhaka route will go to Jeddah carrying Hajj Pilgrims. Every flight of Jeddah from Dhaka will be approximately 7 hours, the sources also said.
Notably, For the first time, immigration activities of some flights to Jeddah airport will be completed from Dhaka this year. For this purpose an emigration steam of Saudi Arabia will stay in Dhaka.
This year, the airlines have made a provision of $ 100 or equivalent amount of money and return journey (both) to $200 dollars or equivalent amount of money to take the relatively big and comfortable seats in front of the pilgrims' aircraft.
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Army chief installs dengue elimination drive in Dhaka Cant
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- US Bangla Cabin crew held with 10kg gold
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- BHBCUC suspends Priya Saha