HSC exams not to be held this year: Dipu Moni
Published: 13:23 7 October 2020 Updated: 15:44 7 October 2020
Education Minister Dr Dipu Moni
The Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) and its equivalent examinations will not be held directly this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the country. The results will be evaluated following an alternative method.
Education Minister Dr Dipu Moni made the announcement at a virtual press conference on Wednesday.
The Minister said that the results would be evaluated on the basis of Junior School Certificate (JSC) and Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examinations results. The result will be published by December while the university admission tests will be held in January.
"We don't know when the coronavirus will go away," said Dr Dipu Moni, adding "In this situation, organizing HSC exams is a big challenge. I don't want to put students at risk by taking on this challenge."
More than 13 lakh examinees will take part in the HSC examinations. More than 2500 examinations centres were ready, now it has to be doubled. Earlier, the question paper was prepared. Now the new question paper has to be prepared. It will be necessary to double the manpower of the administration. Such a huge arrangement is not possible now, the education minister said.
Deputy Minister of Education Mohibul Hasan Chowdhury, Secretary of Secondary and Higher Education Department Mahabub Hossain, Secretary of Technical and Madrasa Department Md Aminul Islam Khan, Chairman of the Board of Secondary and Higher Education Prof Md Ziaul Haque and chairmen of all education boards were present.
The HSC and equivalent examinations were scheduled to begin on April 1, but the government was forced to postpone it on March 22 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Maulana Golam Sarwar Saide dies
- Dr. Zohra Begum Kazi’s 108th birth anniv today
- Killing schoolgirl after rape: CID collects evidence
- Anushka at Dihan`s house: Which was seen in CCTV footage
- Dewanbagi Pir Syed Mahbub-e-Khoda dies
- Army officer adorned ‘Colonel’ rank while in coma for 7 years
- Shaheed Dr Milon Day on Friday
- Legal action will be taken against fake news portals: Hasan
- Two-day weekly holidays in schools, colleges
- Work of Mongla port’s new channel completed before schedule time
- Cold wave may continue till tomorrow morning
- Working to build a vibrant blue economy: PM
- 7hrs raid at Haji Selim’s residence, what recovered…
- Beigun’s remarks over Rohingya issue is inappropriate: China
- Irfan Selim sentenced to one-year imprisonment