Subarnachar gang rape
HC revokes bail of Subarnachar rape accused
Published: 12:23 23 March 2019 Updated: 13:23 23 March 2019
The High Court revoked its previous order that granted a one-year interim bail to sacked Awami League leader Ruhul Amin in a case over the gang-rape of a woman in Subarnachar upazila of Noakhali.
The HC bench of Justice Mamnoon Rahman and Justice SM Kuddus Zaman and passed the order on Saturday. The court also fixed March 25 for next hearing.
Earlier on March 18, the HC granted bail to Ruhul Amin after hearing a petition filed by him.
It was alleged that Ruhul Amin’s followers gang-raped the woman at his behest on the night of the general election on December 30. Police later arrested him.
Ruhul Amin was the upazila unit publicity affairs secretary of Awami League and a former union council member. Later, he was expelled from the party.
According to the victim’s husband, a group of hoodlums stormed their house in the early hours of December 31 and tied up all the family members except his wife.
They took the woman outside the house at gunpoint where they violated her in turns.
After the rape, they also threatened the victim not to disclose the matter to anyone, saying they would kill her if otherwise.
- Notice seeking travel ban, arrest warrant against Abul Kalam
- Virtual Court: A landmark step in judiciary
- Maj (retd) Sinha killing
Seven including OC Pradeep sent to jail
- Hearing on writ against public transport fare-hike today
- Dr Sabrina remanded for three days
- Only bail hearing in virtual court: SC
- TikTok Apu lands in jail
- Abrar murder: Jion’s bail plea rejected
- 18 judges to take oath this afternoon
- Gazette issued for trial proceedings through video conferences
- HC directs to take actions to stop hunting dolphins
- Courts to remain closed till May 16
- Court closed till May 30, virtual court continues
- Casino Khaled granted 3-day remand
- Ex-DIG Bazlur Rashid denied bail