HC orders to remove video of woman assaulting naked in Noakhali
HC asks reason for hiding the incident
Published: 12:44 5 October 2020 Updated: 12:58 5 October 2020
The High Court on Monday has ordered to remove the video of attempting rape and indecent assault to a housewife in Noakhali’s Begumganj.
The High Court bench of Justice Md. Mojibur Rahman Mia and Justice Mohiuddin Shamim passed the order.
“How did this incident remain hidden for a month, what is the police doing? If it had not been spread on Facebook, the incident would have remained a secret,” the High Court asked furiously at that time.
Noted that local terrorist Delwar and his organized group entered a house in the Khalpar area of Ward No. 9 on September 2 around 9:00 pm and tried to rape and assault a housewife, tying up her husband in a side room. When the housewife obstructed, they stripped her naked, assault her severely and recorded videos on mobile phones.
On Sunday afternoon, 32 days after the incident, a video of the torturing a housewife was published on social media Facebook and it went viral.
Since the incident, the accused local Delwar, Badal, Kalam and their associates have been blocking the family of the abused housewife. At one point, when the entire family was forced to leave homes, the whole incident remained hidden from the locals and the police administration for a long time. When the incident came to light, the police conducted a quick operation and arrested the two accused.
- Anushka rape and murder: Court directs DNA test
- ‘Golden Monir’ on 18 days remand
- HC accepts Minni’s appeal, fine suspended
- ACC files chargesheet against Casino Khalid
- Nixon Chowdhury in High Court for anticipatory bail
- 3 to die for killing NSU student Payal
- Verdict in DU student rape case Nov 19
- HC orders Papul’s wife, daughter to surrender
- 7 judges with rank of District and Session Judge transferred
- Case files against ex-mayor Sayeed Khokon, 7 others
- Indictment hearing against Samrat on November 30
- ASP Anisul murder: 10 accused on 7-day remand
- Mother-son murdered in Kakrail: Husband among 3 to die
- Hearing on Golden Monir`s bail plea today
- Nixon Chowdhury’s bail upheld in Chamber Judge’s Court