HC orders Papul’s wife, daughter to surrender
Published: 12:49 22 December 2020 Updated: 13:23 22 December 2020
The High Court on Tuesday ordered Laxmipur-2 MP Mohammad Shahid Islam alias Kazi Papul’s wife reserve seat lawmaker Selina Islam and their daughter Wafa Islam to surrender within December 28 in the case of money laundering and amassing illegal wealth.
Earlier on December 10, the High Court asked Selina Islam and Wafa Islam to surrender before a court within 10 days.
On 26 November, they filed petitions with the High Court for seeking anticipatory bail in the case filed over money laundering and amassing illegal wealth.
It has been mentioned that ACC Investigating Officer Salahuddin Ahmed filed the case against four people - Shahid Islam Papul, wife Selina Islam, daughter Wafa Islam and sister-in-law Jesmin Prodhan - on November 11 on charge of amassing Tk2.31 crore illegal wealth and laundering Tk 148 crore.
On June 6, Kuwait's Criminal Investigation Department arrested Shahid on charges of human trafficking, visa trading, and money laundering.
- Anushka rape and murder: Court directs DNA test
- ACC files chargesheet against Casino Khalid
- HC orders Papul’s wife, daughter to surrender
- ‘Golden Monir’ on 18 days remand
- Case files against ex-mayor Sayeed Khokon, 7 others
- 7 judges with rank of District and Session Judge transferred
- Mother-son murdered in Kakrail: Husband among 3 to die
- Writ filed banning Bigo Live, TikTok, Likee apps
- Life imprisonment means jail until death: Appellate Division
- Verdict on sensational Samiul murder case today
- Drug case: Probe report against Irfan Selim deferred
- Hearing on Golden Monir`s bail plea today
- Arrest warrant issued against PK Haldar
- Youth confesses rape, murder of schoolgirl in Kalabagan
- Hearing of case against Sabrina, Ariful adjourned till Dec 15