Govt prepared to face ‘Bulbul’: Enamur
Published: 22:57 8 November 2019
As the cyclonic storm “Bulbul” is likely to hit Bangladesh, the government has already taken all-out preparations to deal with the rushing cyclonic storm.
State Minister for Disaster Management and Relief Dr Md Enamur Rahman today was giving a brief at a meeting on advance alert, doings and preparedness in view of the possible havoc of the cyclonic storm at the ministry’s conference room today.
“Necessary steps have been taken from our side so that people and their livestock near coastal areas can safely take refuse in the cyclone shelters as there is remaining danger signal number seven in the coastal areas of the country,” he said.
Bangladesh Water Development Board (BWDB) has taken pre-cautionary measures and hence directed all its employees in coastal areas to remain at offices till November 16 to combat cyclonic storm ‘Bulbul’.
The concerned authority has adequate relief materials in stock in this regard, he added.
‘Warning Campaigns’ have been strengthened in the coastal districts and upazilas for the cyclonic storm ‘Bulbul’, he said adding that Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has directed the people of the disaster-prone districts to preserve foods and necessary products in the ‘Paribarik Sailo’.
Chairman of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Disaster Management and Relief Ministry Captain (Retd) AB Tajul Islam, Senior Secretary of the Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief Md Shah Kamal and other senior officials were present on the occasion.
- Cyclone “Bulbul”
Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- US Bangla Cabin crew held with 10kg gold
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today
- Sharmin reveals about Samrat’s Chinese girlfriend
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Asian Rising & Promising Star Arik Morshed
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Myanmar falsified Bangladesh FM’s speech
- Cyclone ‘Kiar’ approaching, winter may arrive in Oct
- Soroj Mehedi new director of Cyber Security Institute
- Dr Arif, the top young scientists in Japan
- Bengali calendar changes