Govt plans to vaccinate 1 crore people every month: Maleque
Published: 15:44 25 July 2021
Health Minister Zahid Maleque- File Photo
Health Minister Zahid Maleque has said that the government has planned to inoculate 1 crore, people, every month to prevent corona infection.
He came up with the development while briefing reporters at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) on Sunday afternoon.
The health minister said 75 percent of the patients admitted to hospitals in the city have come from villages. Corona infection has increased 5 to 6 times due to visiting villages on Eid.
Noting that dengue has created a new crisis amid the Corona situation, he said the number of dengue patients in the hospital is increasing every day. Many dengue patients come to the hospital and are at risk of corona infection. Considering this delicate situation, plans are being made to set up a specific hospital for dengue patients.
- ADC Saqlain withdrawn for taking Pori Moni at house
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- ‘Hero’ Captain Naushad passes away
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- RAB raids Helena’s JoyJatra TV, channel to be shut down
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Tk4 crore looted from Dhaka Bank vault, 2 held
- 2 associates of model Piyasha arrested with weapons, drugs
- Mass Vaccination campaign
28.37 lakh people vaccinated in one day
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic
- Decision on strict lockdown extension today
- RAB raids Helena Jahangir`s house
- Fire in Banani’s 6-storey building, 14 firefighting units working
- Helena Jahangir detained
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur