Govt continues relief assistance
Published: 17:50 23 May 2020
The government has continued its relief efforts to alleviate the suffering of ordinary people across the country in disasters like coronavirus. So far, the government has provided relief to more than five and a half crores people from one and a quarter crore families across the country.
According to a statement issued by the district administration on Saturday, 1,82,067 metric tonnes of rice have been allocated across the country till May 22 and 1,62,193 metric tonnes have been distributed. The number of beneficiary families is 1,25,02,948 and the number of beneficiary people is 5,61,48,579 people.
Cash allocation of Tk 104.07 crore has been made for the purchase of baby food and other items. Of this, Tk 81,73,72,234 cash has been allocated and Tk 69,10,38,253 has been distributed. The number of beneficiary families is 75,29,872 and the number of beneficiary people is 3,51,21,547.
Tk 22.34 crore has been allocated as baby food aid and so far Tk 17,35,05,036 has been distributed. The number of beneficiary families is 5,45,376 and the number of people is 11,67,796.
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- IEDCR hotline on Coronavirus
- Strong cyclone "Amphan" forming in Bay
- First Bangladeshi coronavirus death recorded in UK
- Papiya used 12 Russian beauties as bait for VIPs
- Cyclone “Amphan” may hit the coast today
‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- Papiya used girls’ hostel to run crime world
- 1063 coronavirus patients return home after recovery in country
- Legal notice issued against IEDCR’s Flora, 2 others
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Three hospitals in Dhaka kept as ‘isolation’: IEDCR
- PM opens Dhaka-Mawa-Bhanga Expressway
- 15 lives claimed on Dhaka-Sylhet Highway
- Four hospitals to give coronavirus treatment