Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
Published: 10:51 23 April 2019
Screenshot taken from google
Today is the 73rd birth anniversary of Bangladeshi film actress Rosy Afsari, popularly known as Rosy Samad. Marking the day, search engine giant Google has created a new Doodle on its homepage.
The doodle shows Rosy smiling while dressed in traditional attire.
Born on April 23, 1946, Rosy started her career in 1964 through 'Eito Jibon' film. She acted in over 200 Bengali films and always played the role of traditional women in Bangladeshi society who make sacrifices for the greater good of her family and loved ones
She also acted in 25 Urdu films. She is best known for her roles in films like Shurjo Grahan, Shurjo Shangram, Jibon Thekey Neya and Titas Ekti Nadir Naam.
Rosy was awarded the Bangladesh National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress in its very first ceremony in 1975 for her role in the film Lathial, besides numerous other awards.
She was President of Zia Sangskritik Parishad (Zisus).
Rosy was first married to filmmaker Abdus Samad. Then in 1981, she married filmmaker Malek Afsari and changed her surname to Rosy Afsari.
Rosy died from kidney failure on March 9, 2007, at Birdem Hospital, Dhaka.
- Puja Cherry gets GPA 4.33
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Actress Toma commits suicide
- Shomi Kaiser faces criticism for her behavior
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Meril-Prothom Alo Puroshkar 2018
Best actor Afran Nisho, actress Mehazabien
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- Veteran comedian Anis dies
- Subir Nandi on life support
- New identity of Porimoni
- Renowned singer Subir Nandi dies
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food