Google doodle celebrates Bangladesh’s Independence Day
Published: 14:41 26 March 2019
Screenshot from Google search engine
Search engine giant Google is marking Bangladesh’s 49th Independence and National Day by replacing its regular home page graphic with a special doodle.
The new doodle features three goods-laden boats in a river, commemorating the country's declaration of independence from Pakistan in 1971.
Google marks many special occasions with customized doodles, changing its logo on the homepage to reflect the occasion.
On March 26, 1971, Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman declared Bangladesh’s independence following the crackdown on unarmed Bangalees on the midnight of March 25 by Pakistani occupation forces.
After the nine-month Liberation War with the supreme sacrifices of three million martyrs and the honor of two lakh women, Bangladesh achieved its cherished independence on December 16, 1971.
- Vivo ‘Made in Bangladesh’ soon
- Seminar on cybersecurity held at MIST
- ‘Cyber 71’ to recover disable Facebook ID if feeds poor people
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Vivo S1 pre-booking starts
- `No alternative to capacity building to tackle cyber attack`
- Australia plans to censor extremist online content
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Chandrayaan-2: India launches second Moon mission
- A new way to turn heat into useful energy
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- New kind of quantum time order
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Technology to detect fake or real smile!