Google doodle celebrates Bangladesh’s Independence Day
Published: 14:41 26 March 2019
Screenshot from Google search engine
Search engine giant Google is marking Bangladesh’s 49th Independence and National Day by replacing its regular home page graphic with a special doodle.
The new doodle features three goods-laden boats in a river, commemorating the country's declaration of independence from Pakistan in 1971.
Google marks many special occasions with customized doodles, changing its logo on the homepage to reflect the occasion.
On March 26, 1971, Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman declared Bangladesh’s independence following the crackdown on unarmed Bangalees on the midnight of March 25 by Pakistani occupation forces.
After the nine-month Liberation War with the supreme sacrifices of three million martyrs and the honor of two lakh women, Bangladesh achieved its cherished independence on December 16, 1971.
- ‘Female Blackout’ protest against rape on Facebook
- Differences between official and unofficial smartphones
- How to create your own Facebook Avatar
- Facebook ‘Avatar’ now the cause of annoyance
- ‘GoPro Hero 9’ might come with front display
- NASA to send a new toilet to Space Station
- `Climate change may bring long-dormant viruses back to life`
- Digital detox: $1,000 for spending weekend offline
- Apple loses $81 billion of market value as 5G iPhone 12 launched
- T-Rex fossil sells for record-breaking $31.8m
- Sabhanaz Rashid made Facebook`s Bangladesh affairs officer
- US Air Force to flock plane 5 times the speed of sound
- Freelancers to get ID card
- Lakes of liquid water discovered on Mars
- Baffling radio signal coming from inside Milky Way Galaxy