Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
Published: 16:59 23 June 2019 Updated: 21:18 23 June 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Gold fairs have been organized for the first time in the country. Gold traders are being given opportunity to validate their illegal gold by paying Tk 1000 as tax money per ‘Vori’ (11.664 gram). In the fair, diamond and silver traders are also allowed to declare and validate diamond and silvers after tax pay.
On Sunday, the fair was inaugurated at Hotel Intercontinental in the capital. Bangladesh Jewelers Association (BAJUS) and National Board of Revenue (NBR) jointly organized the fair.
Regarding the fair, Bazus General Secretary Dilip Kumar Agarwal said that traders through the gold fairs are going to get rid of long-standing slander. Gold fair is being held on that day, what the establishment anniversary of independence leader Awami League. On that day the gold traders will be released from their slander against them. They also get the freedom of business.
He said, “There are 20 booths in the fair. In the meantime, the basic bank and Sonali Bank have separate booths for taxation. In this, gold traders will only declare their gold after paying taxes. There will be no gold buy or sell in the fair.”
Apart from the gold traders, diamond and silver traders will also be able to pay taxes against their hidden diamond and silvers. To validate gold and gold made ornaments, tax of Tk 1000 have to be paid per Vori (11.664 gram) while Tk 6,000 for each caret cut and polished diamonds and Tk 50 per Vori of silver.
Gold fairs to be organized in eight divisions of the country including the capital. The fair will be held from June 23 to 25 in Dhaka and Chittagong and on June 24 in Rajshahi, Khulna, Sylhet, Rangpur, Mymensingh and Barisal division.
- US-China trade war: Trump steps next
- Payra power plant protest leads to Chinese worker’s death
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- BARVIDA`s new committee to take office tomorrow
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 14 farms received President Award
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- Biggest budget in country’s history to be passed today
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Gold, silver price abated
- US-China trade war turning out to be boon for Bangladesh
- MoU to generate 500MW renewable power plants
- Vat imposes on foreign channels, Facebook, YouTube for ads