Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
Published: 16:59 23 June 2019 Updated: 21:18 23 June 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Gold fairs have been organized for the first time in the country. Gold traders are being given opportunity to validate their illegal gold by paying Tk 1000 as tax money per ‘Vori’ (11.664 gram). In the fair, diamond and silver traders are also allowed to declare and validate diamond and silvers after tax pay.
On Sunday, the fair was inaugurated at Hotel Intercontinental in the capital. Bangladesh Jewelers Association (BAJUS) and National Board of Revenue (NBR) jointly organized the fair.
Regarding the fair, Bazus General Secretary Dilip Kumar Agarwal said that traders through the gold fairs are going to get rid of long-standing slander. Gold fair is being held on that day, what the establishment anniversary of independence leader Awami League. On that day the gold traders will be released from their slander against them. They also get the freedom of business.
He said, “There are 20 booths in the fair. In the meantime, the basic bank and Sonali Bank have separate booths for taxation. In this, gold traders will only declare their gold after paying taxes. There will be no gold buy or sell in the fair.”
Apart from the gold traders, diamond and silver traders will also be able to pay taxes against their hidden diamond and silvers. To validate gold and gold made ornaments, tax of Tk 1000 have to be paid per Vori (11.664 gram) while Tk 6,000 for each caret cut and polished diamonds and Tk 50 per Vori of silver.
Gold fairs to be organized in eight divisions of the country including the capital. The fair will be held from June 23 to 25 in Dhaka and Chittagong and on June 24 in Rajshahi, Khulna, Sylhet, Rangpur, Mymensingh and Barisal division.
- Consulting firm for Payra port terminal appointed
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Mirsarai Economic Zone to witness factory operation in July
- Asia markets climb as Fed signals possible rate cut
- Two-day BPO Summit begins tomorrow
- ‘1000 workers will go abroad from each upazila’
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- 10-day Jamdani fair to begin in city May 16
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Poverty rate comes down
- Aarong’s VAT evasion in light now !
- Govt moves to strengthen flower marketing system
- RAKUB recovers Taka 200 crore in Boishakhi Mela
- Concern to est research Inst for textile sector dev