Girl’s hanging body found in Gulshan; Case filed against top industrialist
Published: 12:57 27 April 2021 Updated: 13:01 27 April 2021
Mosarat Jahan Munia; Photo: Collected
Police have recovered the hanging body of a girl named Mosarat Jahan Munia from a flat in the capital’s Gulshan. It is initially believed that she has committed suicide.
The body was recovered from B/3 flat, Plot No. 19, Road No. 120, Gulshan-2 Avenue on Monday evening.
According to police, Munia moved into the flat in March this year with a monthly rent of Tk 100,000. She lived alone in the flat.
The deceased Munia, daughter of Shafiqur Rahman and hailing from Dakshinpara Wazir Dighi area in Cumilla Sadar, was a second-year student of Cantonment Public School in Mirpur.
Meanwhile, a case has been filed by Nusrat Jahan, elder sister of the deceased, with Gulshan Police Station.
A managing director (MD) of a top industrial group in the country has been made an accused in the case.
Gulshan police’s Deputy Commissioner (DC) Sudip Kumar Chakraborty said Munia’s elder sister went to the flat on Monday evening and found the door closed. Her phone was also switched off. Police then broke down the door with a mechanic in the presence of the owner of the flat and recovered her body hanging with a fan.
He said the body was sent to the Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) morgue after the inquest report. Besides, CCTV footage and Munia’s digital devices have been recovered. “It is being investigated why the girl committed suicide and whether there is any kindling behind this.”
DC added that Munia was “acquainted with an MD of a leading industrial group” in the country. “He used to visit in that flat,” said Sudip Kumar Chakraborty.
The elder sister of the deceased, Nusrat Jahan, said that Munia called her on Sunday and said that she was in trouble. Hearing this, she came to Dhaka from Cumilla on Monday. When she went to the flat in the evening, she knocked on the door but Munia was not opening it. Later, she opened the lock from outside and entered the room and saw her body hanging with a fan. After that, the matter was reported to the landlord and the police was informed.
- Premium Sweets owner among 3 killed in Canada road crash
- Bangladeshi girl sexually assaulted in India: 6 detained
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Ongoing lockdown extended till May 16
- Father hacked to death in front of child: Mastermind among 2 held
- Lockdown may relax before Eid: Quader
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- Female doctor found dead in capital
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur
- Rain likely to continue for 3 days
- Lieutenant General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed made new army chief
- Chronology of national budget of Bangladesh
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic