GUAMC students demonstrate over 6 demands
Published: 11:38 10 May 2019 Updated: 14:18 15 May 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Students of Govt. Unani and Ayurvedic Medical College (GUAMC) at Mirpur, Dhaka are protesting to meet six-point demands.
Their six-point demands are- to form a permanent council, free and boundless move into health service, to confirm PSC recruitment, the course should be run under medicine faculty, to increase the stipend for internee doctor, to ensure the safe workplace and research study.
“The students of Govt. Unani and Ayurvedic Medical College are now in front of these issues that had not been established yet. A five-year course with an extra one-year internship. So, total 6-year study life doesn’t give them much opportunity with minimum rank in Society,” said a student of the 25th batch of GUAMC.
Another student of GUAMC told, “The students almost dedicate their interest to absorb all medical subjects including anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology, microbiology, medicine, ayurvedic and Unani medicine, rejuvenating therapy and surgery in theory and practice. But it seems there is no one to pay attention.
“Mainly we are talking about ‘Alternative Medical Care’ (AMC) ruling under Director General of Health Service (DGHS), Mohakhali. And they conduct some medical colleges to make better physicians who would be able to be sent into people of the periphery in the purpose of giving proper health service,” the student added.
Now the students of the medical college are upfront with the six-point demands for getting many opportunities with maximum rank in society.
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UGC alerts on admission to private university
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PEC exam schedule published
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- HSC’s exam routine for 2020 published
- BUP Film Fest ‘19 Signed off
- NU online admission starts Sep 1
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Abrar murder: BUET students place 8-point demand
- Unrest in BUET over Abrar murder
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- One held over Buet student Abrar murder