GUAMC students demonstrate over 6 demands
Published: 11:38 10 May 2019 Updated: 14:18 15 May 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Students of Govt. Unani and Ayurvedic Medical College (GUAMC) at Mirpur, Dhaka are protesting to meet six-point demands.
Their six-point demands are- to form a permanent council, free and boundless move into health service, to confirm PSC recruitment, the course should be run under medicine faculty, to increase the stipend for internee doctor, to ensure the safe workplace and research study.
“The students of Govt. Unani and Ayurvedic Medical College are now in front of these issues that had not been established yet. A five-year course with an extra one-year internship. So, total 6-year study life doesn’t give them much opportunity with minimum rank in Society,” said a student of the 25th batch of GUAMC.
Another student of GUAMC told, “The students almost dedicate their interest to absorb all medical subjects including anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology, microbiology, medicine, ayurvedic and Unani medicine, rejuvenating therapy and surgery in theory and practice. But it seems there is no one to pay attention.
“Mainly we are talking about ‘Alternative Medical Care’ (AMC) ruling under Director General of Health Service (DGHS), Mohakhali. And they conduct some medical colleges to make better physicians who would be able to be sent into people of the periphery in the purpose of giving proper health service,” the student added.
Now the students of the medical college are upfront with the six-point demands for getting many opportunities with maximum rank in society.
- 40th BCS seat plan published
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- GUAMC students demonstrate over 6 demands
- Primary assistant teacher recruitment exam from May 10
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Primary assistant teacher recruitment exam date changes
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- HSC exam on April 29 rescheduled
- Tk 8,088.49 cr budget for 45 public universities
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- New steps to guard questions for primary recruit test
- JU to go on 41-day vacation tomorrow
- DU Dean election April 29
- ‘Bangabandhu Aviation & Aerospace University’ to be established
- NU postpones April 13 exams