GM Quader reinstated as JP Co-chair
Published: 22:39 4 April 2019
Former minister, Jatiya Party Presidium member Ghulam Muhammad Quader has been reinstated as the party's Co-Chairman.
On Thursday evening, the party chairman signed the re-issue paper of GM Kader as the party co-chairman while the grassroots activists, led by Rangpur City Corporation Mayor, Mostafizar Rahman Mustafa went to meet at the residence of President Park in the capital.
Presidium Member Barrister Shamim Haider Patwari and Rangpur Divisional Organizing Secretary SM Yasir were present there.
Ershad said in an organizational order signed for the reinstatement. This decision has been taken according to Section 20/1 of the Constitution of the party, according to organizational directive, Hussein Muhammad Ershad mentioned.
When Ershad was signing the reinstatement in the house, grassroots activists from North Bengal and other districts took out positions outside President Park. They gave various slogans with Ershad and GM Quader. The grassroots activists also call for the announcement of GM Kader's name as the next chairman.
Hussein Muhammad Ershad stepped away from his decision on the 13th day. Referring as the futile leader, he removed the younger brother from the post of co-chairman; again he restored him to the post.
On January 22, Ershad removed him from the co-chairman post. Some people think that Ershad stepped away from his decision due the Northern leaders threat of public displacement. Rangpur division leaders gave ultimatum to 5 March for demanding reinstatement.
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- ‘Condolence Book’ in memory Ershad
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- Wife blasts about Samrat
- Rowshan thanks countrymen for showing respect to Ershad
- ‘Samrat’ of Dhaka South arrested
- GM Quader JP Chair, LOP Rowshan
- Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- BNP’s anarchy will not be tolerated: Hasan
- AL delegation to visit China from Wednesday
- 25th anniv of AL’s volunteer front tomorrow
- Which way is Jatiya Party?