GM Quader JP Chair, LOP Rowshan
Published: 12:43 8 September 2019 Updated: 14:42 8 September 2019
Jatiya Party Secretary General Mashiur Rahman Ranga said GM Quader is the party chairman. And Rowshan Ershad is the leader of the opposition (LOP) in the parliament.
He made this information at a briefing at the party's Banani office on Sunday morning.
However, no decision has yet been made on the Jatiya Party candidate for the by-election in Rangpur-3, he also informed.
Earlier, Debar-Bhabi held a meeting with the leaders of the two parties at the Cosmopolitan Club of Baridhara in the capital from 9pm to midnight on Saturday.
At the meeting, a dispute between the opposition party's deputy leader and the party's co-chairman, Rowshan Ershad, and party chairman GM Quader was reached to a decision. They came to an agreement that Raushan Ershad would be the Leader of the Opposition in Parliament and GM Kader would be the Chairman of the party and would be the Leader of the Opposition in Parliament.
GM Kader and Secretary-General Mosiur Rahman Rangan have been given the responsibility of deciding the candidate in the Rangpur-3 constituency. However, a Presidium member at the meeting told DailyBangladesh that the names of two people had been proposed as candidates. Saad Ershad, son of an Ershad-Rawshan couple, and Fakruzzaman Jahangir, president of JP’s Rangpur District committee. He is a member of the Presidium of JP and an industrialist. Earlier, however, he was defeated by Awami League's Ashikur Rahman from the Rangpur-5 twice. Earlier, the general secretary of Rangpur Metropolitan JP Yasir Ahmed was named in the party's candidate talks but later he was dropped.
The party's Presidium members Anisul Islam Mahmood, Fakhrul Imam, Mujibul Haque Chunnu, Selim Osman and SM Faisal Chishti were among the supporters of the Roshan Ershad. On the other hand, the leaders of the party were Kazi Feroz Rashid, Ziauddin Ahmed Bablu, Masud Uddin Chowdhury and Syed Abu Hossain Babla were also present in the setting.
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- JaPa chairman Ershad in life support
- Ailing Ershad on oxygen support: doctors
- Ershad’s condition too critical to send abroad: GM Kader
- AL observes 70th founding anniversary
- ASM Abdur Rab hospitalized
- Ershad`s physical condition remains unchanged
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- Death news rumored, Ershad is alive: GM Quader
- Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
- ‘Condolence Book’ in memory Ershad
- Quader visit ailing Ershad at CMH
- Kader Siddiqui quits Oikyafront