GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
Published: 21:47 20 September 2019
Chairman of Jubo League Omar Faruk Chowdhury. File Photo
SM Golam Kibria Shamim alias GK Shamim who was arrested along with seven bodyguards and a large sum of money is none of Jubo League; claimed Jubo League Chairman Omar Faruk Chowdhury.
The chairman of the organization made the claim over the media promotion of the arrested Shamim as a Jubo League leader.
He said that GK Shamim is none of Jubo League. Jubo League has no relation with Shamim. If allegations are received against any of the organization, action must be taken against the accused.
Earlier on Friday, RAB arrested Golam Kibria Shamim alias GK Shamim, along with seven bodyguards, in a raid at Gulshan Niketan around 2pm on Friday. One crore and 80 lakh cash money, FDR of Tk1 crore, large amount of foreign currency, seven shotguns and narcotics were recovered during the operation.
GK Shamim, known as the influential contractor in various areas of the capital, Motijheel, Basabo. He is the son of late Afsar Uddin Master, lived in southparra village under Sommanadi UP of Narayanganj's Sonargaon upazila.
It is reported that Shamim was once the leader of BNP's Dhaka Metropolitan Jubal. Later, he turned to a Juba League leader.
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- ‘Samrat’ of Dhaka South arrested
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Wife blasts about Samrat
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- GM Quader JP Chair, LOP Rowshan
- Samrat wanted to flee in India
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Samrat-Arman expelled from Jubo League
- AL delegation to visit China from Wednesday
- Sadeque Hossain Khoka passes away
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Casino Khaled ousted from Jubo League
- Jubo League expels Rajib