GD filed over Nusrat’s death
Published: 12:30 11 April 2019 Updated: 14:24 11 April 2019
A GD has been filed with the Shahbagh Police Station in connection with the death of madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi in Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).
On Thursday morning, Nusrat’s relative Mohammed Ali filed this GD (GD No-602).
Shahbagh Police Station Officer-in-charge (OC) Abul Hasan confirmed the matter of the GD.
Meanwhile, Nusrat’s body was sent to the morgue for an autopsy at 8:55 am. The body will be handed over to the family on Thursday after autopsy.
Earlier, Nusrat Jahan Rafi, who was set on fire on April 6 and succumbed to her injuries at Dhaka Medical College Hospital on Wednesday night. She breathed her last at the Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) Burn and Plastic Surgery unit around 9:30 pm.
Meanwhile, police have arrested 7 people in this case. Madrasa Principal SM Sirajuddaula has been temporarily suspended from Madrasah. The madrasa has been announced closed from April 7 to April 16.
According to family sources, Madrasa Principal SM Sirajuddaula tried to molest Nusrat Jahan on March 27. When Nusrat informed the matter, his mother filed a case with Sonagazi Police Station. In view of the case, Sonagazi Police Station officer arrested Sirajuddaula.
Then Sirajuddaula people pressure Nusrat to withdraw the case. But Nusrat expressed the inability. In this situation, a group of masked youths, reported to be principal’s stooge, took Nusrat to the rooftop and set her on fire in their bid to kill her.
She was immediately taken to the DMCH for better treatment where she underwent surgery under life support on Tuesday.
- Rifat murder
Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Renu murder: mastermind Hridoy on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Train crash in Sirajganj
Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- Only President, Prime Minister are VIPs; states HC
- Rifat murder: Hearing on Minni’s bail plea today
- 2 sedition cases filed against Priya Saha
- ACC summons Mahi and his wife
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- Khaleda’s bail hearing in Charitable Trust case Tuesday
- HC refuses to interfere on Minni`s remand order
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Renu Murder: Writ seeks Tk 5cr compensation