From headache to runny nose: New symptoms of COVID Delta variant
Published: 11:43 15 June 2021 Updated: 11:46 15 June 2021
Runny nose is now one of the common symptoms of the Delta variant of Covid-19; Photo: Collected
The researchers said the common symptoms of the Delta variant of Covid-19 were headache, sore throat and runny nose. “In the case of young people, being infected with the Delta or Indian variant can feel like a severe cold,” said Professor Tim Spector, a researcher on the symptoms of COVID.
Although they are not at risk of becoming very ill, they can be “contagious and put others at risk”. If anyone suspects that he may be infected with Covid-19, he or she should be tested, he said.
According to the NHS, the most common symptoms of COVID are cough, fever, loss of taste and smell. Professor Spector, however, says these symptoms are “no longer seen”.
He made the remarks based on the symptomatic data of thousands of people infected with Covid-19.
“The symptoms that have been seen the most since the beginning of May are not the same as the previous symptoms,” he said.
Professor Spector says this change is due to the Delta variant infection. The Delta variant was first detected in India and has become the cause of 90 percent of infections in the UK.
The symptoms of fever are “still the same”, but the symptom of not being able to smell, the first 10 COVID symptoms, is no more, said Professor Spector.
People may think that they have been affected by the “common cold”, for this, they are attending various parties outside. That way they are spreading the virus among six more, he also said.
‘We think this is leading to a very big problem. The message here is that if you are young you will have mild symptoms.”
It may seem that you have a bad cold and that you are becoming weak; But stay home and get tested, Professor Spector added.
Similarly, when the Alpha or UK variants dominated the United Kingdom, Imperial College London conducted a reaction study on about 1 million people in England. There, they found many more symptoms related to Covid-19.
Other symptoms of COVID also include body becomes chills, loss of appetite, headaches and muscle ache.
However, the most important symptoms of Covid-19 are continuous cough, high body temperature and loss of taste or smell.
Source: BBC Bangla
- Successful treatment of ‘Aortic Aneurysm’ in Ctg without surgery
- Covid-19 or dengue – how to differentiate?
- Antibiotics not working in children with pneumonia: ICDDRB
- Pregnant women’s treatment now at hand in Dapadapiya
- Vaccines prevent severe COVID, even Delta variant: Study
- Different levels of antibodies needed for protection from strains
- Symptoms that will understand increased salt in body
- 50-bed hospital operating with 31-bed rule
- TB deaths on rising again globally due to COVID: WHO
- Cook beef while keeping nutrition intact
- Blood pressure difference in two arms leads to ‘danger’
- Pre-Alzheimer’s diagnosis: Progress and pitfalls
- Forgive an Ex Day
Forgive your Ex to overcome bitter experience of the past
- Blood donation reduces heart disease, cancer risk