Four to die for murder in Faridpur
Published: 19:44 20 October 2019
A Faridpur court today handed down death sentence on four people for murdering Bikash Saha, a grocery businessman in Bhanga upazila of the district. At the same time, each was fined Tk 10,000.
District's first joint judge Miss Kamrunnahar Begum passed the verdict on Sunday afternoon. Three of the four accused were present at the time of the verdict.
Convicted are Almin Sheikh, Swapan Munsi, Md. Nahid Sheikh, Aynal Sheikh of Sadardi villlage of Bhanga upazila. The other accused, Almin Sheikh, is absconding.
Bikash Saha was strangled to death on March 30, 2017, when he was returning home closing his shop at Bhanga. Uttam Kumar Saha's brother filed a murder case against Bhanga police station the next day of the incident. The judge sentenced the four accused to death and fined Tk 10,000 each for being suspicious of involvement in the murder.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Rifat murder: Hearing on Minni’s bail plea today
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- ACC summons Mahi and his wife
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- Samrat lands in jail!