Fizz wishes Warner for hitting ton on birthday
Published: 16:59 27 October 2019 Updated: 17:01 27 October 2019
Aussie star David Warner made history hitting a first-ever Twenty20 century ton on his 34th birthday. He got his first Twenty20 century in the 71st match of his career. Friend Mustafizur Rahman wished him a happy birthday on Twitter as Warner hits a match-winning inning.
Birthday boy Warner clubbed an unbeaten 100 as he powered Australia to a massive 233 for two, aided by century stands with skipper Aaron Finch and Glenn Maxwell.
Sri Lanka limped to 99 for nine from their 20 overs in a meek response, with leg-spinner Adam Zampa capturing three for 14.
It was Australia’s biggest-ever win in the format and Sri Lanka’s heaviest T20 defeat.
After the match, Mustafizur Rahman congratulated Warner on his Twitter. In the Indian Premier League (IPL), Fizz played in under Warner captaincy in Sunrizers Hyderabad.
In a tweet post greeting Warner on his birthday, the cutter master wrote, "The first Twenty-century on birthday; there can be nothing better than to make the day memorable. Many wishes, David Warner, be happy and give us many more great innings. 'In the end, Mustafizur Rahman jokingly mentioned, "And yes, be prepared to get out in my ball."
Under Warner, the Hyderabad team was championed in the IPL 2016. Tiger pacer Fizz bagged 17 wickets in his 16 matches.
Warner was born in Paddington, New South Wales, on October 27, 1986. He played his first match for Australia in 2009. He has scored over 13,000 runs in Tests, ODIs, and T20Is so far.
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Fizz wishes Warner for hitting ton on birthday
- Shakib banned for 2 yrs
- Rajshahi Royals rope Andre Russell
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- ‘Bangabandhu Gold Cup 2020’ to be held at BNS
- China`s state TV pulls live Arsenal game
- Sexual harassment case against Tennis Federation GS
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Sourav Ganguly elected president of India’s cricket board
- Why will ICC ban Shakib?
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Did Shakib get death threat from gambler Agarwal?