Fizz, Miraz rested for NCL opening round
Published: 20:15 9 October 2019
Left-hand pace bowler Mustafizur Rahman and all-rounder Mehidy Hasan Miraz won’t be available for Khulna Division in the opening round of the National Cricket League (NCL), hat set to roll onto the ground on Thursday.
Khulna will take on Rangpur Division at their home venue Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium in their first match.
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) selection panel member Habibul Bashar Sumon said that the board rested those two players considering their injury concern.
Mustafizur is yet to recover totally to take the load of four-day game while Miraz had bowled substantial amount of overs in the just concluded Sri Lanka tour with Bangladesh A.
“He [Mustafizur] is not available for the opening game of NCL as our physio instructed us recently that his body is yet to recover fully from the ankle injury to take the load of longer-version cricket,” Bashar said on Wednesday.
“According to the physio Mustafizur is yet to bowl certain amount of overs in the practice that will suggest he is fully fit to take the load of bowling 25 to 30 overs a day,” he said
“We are hoping to have him in the second phase of NCL as he is expected to complete the required amount of bowling during this time frame,” he said.
“As far as Miraz is concerned he bowled quite a few overs in Sri Lanka during the two four-day games and certainly deserves some kind of rest,” Habibul concluded.
Bangladesh cricketers are set to start their preparation for the upcoming India tour by taking part in the National Cricket League, country’s traditional first-class tournament.
Bangladesh, who was recently humbled by Afghanistan at home in a one-off Test, will open their Test championship campaign with the two-match Test series against India.
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bangladesh U-19s sarts Asia Cup with win
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Bangladesh U-19 beat England U-19
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Shakib included in CWC19 best XI
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Tigers reach Ctg to play Test against Afghans
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Happy Birthday Mashrafe !
- ICC Women’s T20 WCQ
Tigresses crowns unbeaten champions
- Vettori elated to be Tigers’ spin bowling coach
- Tigresses in Scotland to play T20 WC Qualifiers
- Before the last ball, I remembered Mushfiqur: Stokes