First JS session of new year to begin tomorrow
Published: 15:13 17 January 2021 Updated: 10:58 18 January 2021
The eleventh session of the current Parliament will begin on January 18. This will also be the first session of the new year of 2021.
President Md Abdul Hamid summoned the winter session of the Jatiya Sangsad exercising the power bestowed upon him as per Clause (1) of Article 72 of the constitution.
‘The 11th session of the 11th parliament will start at 4:30 pm,’ according to a parliament secretariat press release.
The President will address the first session of the new year of 2021. Already, the Cabinet okayed the draft speech of the President to be delivered in. The speech will highlight the government's various successes and development in different sectors.
According to the constitution, the president must convene a session in 60 days from the last sitting of the last session. The last session, which was a special session to mark the birth centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, concluded on November 19. The session had continued for five days starting on November 8. Nine government bills were passed in the session.
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Circular with 11 directives on seven-day lockdown
- 12th session of 11th parliament begins
- Temperature likely to rise
- Bir Freedom Fighters’ draft list published
- Awami League MP Aslam dies
- Ex Bangladesh Bank deputy governor Ibrahim Khaled dies
- 21 named for Ekushey Padak 2021
- Seminar on MHM of adolescent girls with disabilities
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Mitali Express for Jalpaiguri on Monday, Thursday
- Indian PM thanks Foreign Minister
- Third day`s program going on at parade ground