Fire after AC explosion at Gulshan’s UAE Visa Center, kills 1
Published: 15:05 13 January 2021 Updated: 19:50 13 January 2021
One person was killed when an AC at the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Visa Center in the capital’s Gulshan exploded.
The incident took place at Empori Financial Tower at 23 no. road in Gulshan-2 on Wednesday afternoon. Six people were injured in the incident.
Upon receiving the news of the fire that broke out after the AC explosion, two units of the fire service rushed to the spot, said the Fire Service Headquarters, however, could not say how the explosion took place.
According to the fire service sources, the glass window of the 14th floor of the Imperial Financial building at No. 6 (House), Road No. 93, Gulshan 2, was shattered by a loud noise inside the UAE Embassy. One person was found dead in the AC control room at the time.
Gulshan Additional Commissioner of Police Nazmul Hasan Firoz confirmed the matter.
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Circular with 11 directives on seven-day lockdown
- 12th session of 11th parliament begins
- Temperature likely to rise
- Bir Freedom Fighters’ draft list published
- Awami League MP Aslam dies
- Ex Bangladesh Bank deputy governor Ibrahim Khaled dies
- 21 named for Ekushey Padak 2021
- Seminar on MHM of adolescent girls with disabilities
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Mitali Express for Jalpaiguri on Monday, Thursday
- Indian PM thanks Foreign Minister
- Third day`s program going on at parade ground