Finance Minister to present budget proposal today
Published: 00:58 11 June 2020 Updated: 10:31 11 June 2020
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal will present the budget for 2020-2021 fiscal at Jatiya Sangsad on Thursday. This will be his second budget presentation as Finance Minister.
He is going to present the budget in the presence of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, chaired by Speaker Dr. Shirin Sharmin Chowdhury at 3:30 pm. In the meantime, all the necessary steps have been taken in this regard, according to the Ministry of Finance.
This year’s budget is very important in many aspects. The deadly coronavirus has created a suffocating environment around the world. The global economic downturn has also hit Bangladesh’s economy. No one knows exactly how long this situation will last. In such a situation, it is very difficult to hold the helm of the country’s economy. AHM Mustafa Kamal is continuing that work in collaboration with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
An official of the Ministry of Finance said that all the necessary preparations have been completed for the presentation of the budget for the 2021-2022 fiscal year at the eighth session of the 11th parliament. The Finance Minister will leave his Gulshan residence for the Jatiya Sangsad Bhaban at 11:00 am on Thursday. A meeting of the Cabinet division will be held at 12:00 pm there as per the observance.
“The revised budget for the 2019-2020 fiscal as well as for the proposed budget for the next 2020-2021 fiscal will be approved in the meeting for budget presentation in the parliament,” the official also said.
It will then be sent to President Advocate M Abdul Hamid. At this time, the President is scheduled to be in his office room at Jatiya Sangsad Bhaban, he added.
This is the first time that no journalist can be presented at the budget ceremony. Arrangements have been made to supply the budget documents from the media cell at the western end of the parliament building.
- WB approves $500m for Bangladesh road connectivity development
- Bourses maintain gaining streak
- Online shopping fraud on rise
- New monetary policy announced setting 14.8 percent debt growth
- Stocks rebound on both bourses
- BEZA approved setting up 10 more Economic Zones
- 20 pc discount on air ticket by bKash payment
- New gas connections in residentials to be pre-paid
- End of suffering for pension money
- DSE records lowest transaction in 13 yrs today
- Bangladesh to produce own brand motor vehicles: Humayun
- Broiler chicken prices fall Tk 10 per kg
- ‘BB giving Tk 4,000 Eid bonus in bKash’ a rumor
- BB to probe transactions, e-commerce activities of evaly
- WB approves $1.05 bn to address economic damages