Feni madrasa principal put on 7-day remand
Published: 16:03 10 April 2019 Updated: 17:34 10 April 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The Feni court placed Sonagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa principal Sirajuddoula on a 7-day remand and two other people on five-day remand each in a case filed over the arson attack on a female student.
The other accused put on remand are Abser Uddin, lecturer of English Department of the madrasa and student Arif.
Feni Senior Judicial Magistrate Saraf Uddin Ahmed passed the order after police produced the three accused before the court seeking a seven-day remand.
Meanwhile, Moazzem Hossain, officer-in-charge (OC) of Sonagazi Model Police Station, has been withdrawn, said Md Sohel Rana, assistant inspector general (AIG) of police headquarters (PR).
Later, he was attached to the Armed Police Battalion (APBN), said superintendent of Feni Police S M Jahangir Sarker.
Besides, the case filed over the arson attack has been transferred to PBI (Police Bureau of Investigation).
On Tuesday, a court in Feni placed four people -- Nur Hossain, Kefayet Ullah, Md Alauddin, and Shahidul Islam on a five-day remand after their arrest in a case filed over the incident.
The case was filed accusing eight identified people, including madrasa principal Sirajuddoula, lecturer of English Absar Uddin, Feni municipality councilor Maksudul Alam Maksud, and four unidentified ones.
On Saturday, Nusrat Jahan Rafi was set afire allegedly by students loyal to principal Sirajuddoula after he was arrested and subsequently suspended as Rafi had accused him of sexually harassing her.
The madrasa was declared shut until April 17 after the incident grabbed the headlines and sparked outrage across Bangladesh.
The victim who suffered 80 percent burns has been kept under life support at the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Fear in bamboo bridge
- Nusrat murder: another accused held in Bhaluka
- Nurse killed after rape in moving bus, 5 held
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Mother-son among 5 killed in Chandpur road crash
- Shocked at sister`s death
Nusrat’s ailing brother hospitalized
- Nusrat murder: Suspect Moni held
- Rajshahi mango to be available from May 15
- Per kg of mango costs Tk 4!
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF