Feni madrasa principal put on 7-day remand
Published: 16:03 10 April 2019 Updated: 17:34 10 April 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The Feni court placed Sonagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa principal Sirajuddoula on a 7-day remand and two other people on five-day remand each in a case filed over the arson attack on a female student.
The other accused put on remand are Abser Uddin, lecturer of English Department of the madrasa and student Arif.
Feni Senior Judicial Magistrate Saraf Uddin Ahmed passed the order after police produced the three accused before the court seeking a seven-day remand.
Meanwhile, Moazzem Hossain, officer-in-charge (OC) of Sonagazi Model Police Station, has been withdrawn, said Md Sohel Rana, assistant inspector general (AIG) of police headquarters (PR).
Later, he was attached to the Armed Police Battalion (APBN), said superintendent of Feni Police S M Jahangir Sarker.
Besides, the case filed over the arson attack has been transferred to PBI (Police Bureau of Investigation).
On Tuesday, a court in Feni placed four people -- Nur Hossain, Kefayet Ullah, Md Alauddin, and Shahidul Islam on a five-day remand after their arrest in a case filed over the incident.
The case was filed accusing eight identified people, including madrasa principal Sirajuddoula, lecturer of English Absar Uddin, Feni municipality councilor Maksudul Alam Maksud, and four unidentified ones.
On Saturday, Nusrat Jahan Rafi was set afire allegedly by students loyal to principal Sirajuddoula after he was arrested and subsequently suspended as Rafi had accused him of sexually harassing her.
The madrasa was declared shut until April 17 after the incident grabbed the headlines and sparked outrage across Bangladesh.
The victim who suffered 80 percent burns has been kept under life support at the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
- ‘Masjid-e-Nawazish’, most beautiful mosque in Sirajganj
- Eskayef produces COVID-19 drug Remdesivir for 1st time in country
- Habibur’s `Happy Child` won Agora Smile-2020 contest
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- 3 including two brothers killed in N’ganj septic tank blast
- Drug trader killed in Joypurhat gunfight
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- Story of a COVID-19 fighter
‘Hot water gargle can relieve from coronavirus’
- 3 hunters detained, 22 deer released
- Drug addict father landed in jail by Son
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- ‘Those are grasshoppers, not locusts’
8 new infected in Shariatpur, 40 houses locked down
- Drug dealer Ripon killed in Dakkhinkhan ‘gunfight’
- Investigation Report
Oxygen cylinder worth of 1,000 sold at 30,000 taka