Father killed 40 days innocent girl dropping into water
Published: 20:47 18 January 2020 Updated: 20:48 18 January 2020
A father killed his 40 days old daughter dropping into water in Amtali upazila of Barguna, accused father Jahangir Sikder has been arrested.
Police arrested the accused Jahangir from Gochakhali village of Gulishakhali union of Amtali upazila on Saturday noon.
Earlier on Friday, Zidani’s mother Seema Begum filed a murder case at Amtali Police Station against the unidentified accused.
At that time, Jahangir Sikder was taken to the police station for preliminary questioning and he admitted to killing the girl.
It is learned that Jahangir Sikder and Seema Begum have two daughter Shohagi(9) and Jannati (3). Their third daughter Zidani was born on December 8, 2019.
However, the father could not accept the birth of daughter as he was expecting a son.
Since the birth of the daughter, a dispute arose between Jahangir and his wife over various issues. Even, he didn’t touch the daughter for once since birth.
Locals said that Father Jahangir Sikder was lying in the bed room with Zidani at around 10pm on Friday. His wife Seema Begum and his mother-in-law Parul Begum were doing household chores outside the house at the time. The mother of the child Seema and grandmother Parul Begum entered the house around 11 pm and shouted not to see Zidani and his father Jahangir.
Neighbors and others in the house rushed to them. At around 11am, the body of the deceased was recovered, along with her bedsheets from the pool behind the house.
Upon receiving the news, police at Amtali police recovered the body of the child at around 3pm and sent it to the morgue of Barguna General Hospital for autopsy.
Police brought Jahangir Sikder to the police station for questioning on suspicion of involvement in the incident. Upon police interrogation, he confessed his involvement in the murder.
Amtali Police Station Officer-in-Charge Abul Bashar has confirmed the arrest of the deceased’s father. He will be arraigned at court on Sunday.
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- 2 detained over rape attempt in Mermaid Resort
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- Allama Azhar Ali Anwar Shah dies
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- Wedding of garments owners’ daughter today
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Bijoy Mela begins in Ctg
- Feni govt college ridden in trouble