Fatema wins gold in SAG fencing
Published: 22:24 7 December 2019
Fatema Mujib today secured the third gold for Bangladesh on the day when she bagged women’s individual sabre in the ongoing South Asian Games fencing held at Kirtipur in Kathmandu.
With this, the gold tally for Bangladesh reached seven so far in this edition. Thapan Rabina of Nepal won silver while Thingujam Diana Devi of India and Basnet Asmita of Sri Lanka jointed bagged bronze medal in this event.
Earlier, Mabia Akter Shimanto won the day’s first gold medal in the women’s 76-kg weight category weightlifting while Bangladesh army’s Jiarul Islam become the second athlete of the day as he won the second gold for Bangladesh in 96-kg men’s category.
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Fizz wishes Warner for hitting ton on birthday
- ‘Bangabandhu Gold Cup 2020’ to be held at BNS
- Rajshahi Royals rope Andre Russell
- Shakib banned for 2 yrs
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Sexual harassment case against Tennis Federation GS
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- China`s state TV pulls live Arsenal game
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Sourav Ganguly elected president of India’s cricket board
- Jamal Bhuyan begins new innings secretly
- Did Shakib get death threat from gambler Agarwal?
- Why will ICC ban Shakib?