Fake birthday case against Khaleda: Indictment hearing deferred again
Published: 16:15 9 October 2019 Updated: 16:15 9 October 2019
A Dhaka court on Wednesday set October 30 to hold charge framing hearing in a case lodged against BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia for observing fake birthday on August 15, the National Mourning Day.
Today was fixed for holding hearing on the matter, but the defence counsel pleaded to allow them time in the case. Accepting the defence plea, Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Asaduzzaman Noor then reset the date.
Journalist Gazi Zahirul Islam on August 30, 2016, filed the case against the BNP chief for observing fake birthday on National Mourning Day.
According to the case documents, as per SSC mark sheet of the BNP chief, her birthday is September 5, 1946. A national daily during her tenure as Prime Minister published an article on her life, writing August 19, 1945, as Khaleda’s birthday.
In her marriage certificate, Khaleda Zia’s birthday was given as August 4, 1944, while as per her passport information; her birthday is on August 5, 1946. August 15 has not been mentioned anywhere as her birthday, Gazi Zahirul Islam mentioned in the case.
- Rifat murder
Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Renu murder: mastermind Hridoy on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Train crash in Sirajganj
Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- Only President, Prime Minister are VIPs; states HC
- Rifat murder: Hearing on Minni’s bail plea today
- 2 sedition cases filed against Priya Saha
- ACC summons Mahi and his wife
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- HC refuses to interfere on Minni`s remand order
- Khaleda’s bail hearing in Charitable Trust case Tuesday
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Renu Murder: Writ seeks Tk 5cr compensation