Facebook to ‘open’ office in Bangladesh
Published: 13:24 27 February 2019
Facebook authorities have said that they are looking for opening offices in Bangladesh seriously. There is a plan to introduce the company's office in Bangladesh within a few years.
Bangladesh delegation led by postal and telecommunications minister Mustafa Jabbar held a meeting with Facebook representatives in Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona on Tuesday.
The meeting that was held at 1:30 pm local time, the minister told Facebook representatives that Facebook must build its country office, they have to fix point-of-contact or focal point.
Telecom expert TIM Nurul Kabir, that is in the delegation on board the MWC tour in Barcelona, said the minister stressed on the response time with the issue of opening the Facebook office in a nearly one-hour meeting.
The Minister mentioned that the government never wanted to shut down the Internet. 95 percent of internet users in Bangladesh are on mobile. Telecom and Regulator have also been asked to look at this matter.
Nurul Kabir said, “In the meeting, Facebook officials said that they take the matter seriously, taking into account the importance of opening the office.”
- Vivo ‘Made in Bangladesh’ soon
- Seminar on cybersecurity held at MIST
- ‘Cyber 71’ to recover disable Facebook ID if feeds poor people
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Vivo S1 pre-booking starts
- `No alternative to capacity building to tackle cyber attack`
- Australia plans to censor extremist online content
- Chandrayaan-2: India launches second Moon mission
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- A new way to turn heat into useful energy
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Technology to detect fake or real smile!
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web