Facebook to ‘open’ office in Bangladesh
Published: 13:24 27 February 2019
Facebook authorities have said that they are looking for opening offices in Bangladesh seriously. There is a plan to introduce the company's office in Bangladesh within a few years.
Bangladesh delegation led by postal and telecommunications minister Mustafa Jabbar held a meeting with Facebook representatives in Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona on Tuesday.
The meeting that was held at 1:30 pm local time, the minister told Facebook representatives that Facebook must build its country office, they have to fix point-of-contact or focal point.
Telecom expert TIM Nurul Kabir, that is in the delegation on board the MWC tour in Barcelona, said the minister stressed on the response time with the issue of opening the Facebook office in a nearly one-hour meeting.
The Minister mentioned that the government never wanted to shut down the Internet. 95 percent of internet users in Bangladesh are on mobile. Telecom and Regulator have also been asked to look at this matter.
Nurul Kabir said, “In the meeting, Facebook officials said that they take the matter seriously, taking into account the importance of opening the office.”
- Coal power stations disrupt rainfall: Global study
- Google doodle celebrates sculptor Novera’s 80th birth anniv
- `First` 3D print of heart with human tissue, vessels unveiled
- Secrete of Blue supergiant stars
- Atomexpo-2019 begins in Russia’s Sochi city
- Scientists find likely source of methane on Mars
- Google takes on ‘Africa’s challenges’ in Ghana
- Google doodle celebrates Bangladesh’s Independence Day
- Dhaka contributes $15,000 for OPCW ChemTech Center
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Three Mile Island nuclear plant to close by September 30
- Google celebrates Children’s Day with special Doodle
- Super worm moon to rise tmrw
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Google celebrates Earth Day with Doodle