FM wants to take vaccine as first person in Bangladesh
Published: 18:35 21 January 2021 Updated: 19:17 21 January 2021
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal has expressed interest to become the first person in Bangladesh to be given the Serum Institute Covid-19 jabs as part of a mass vaccination programme.
The minister made the remarks while talking to reporters after a meeting of the procurement committee on Thursday.
Responding to a question from a journalist, the finance minister said, "I will definitely receive the corona vaccine. If possible, I will take it first. I'm old, I need a vaccine. You (journalist) do not need. I'm old, I need it."
The finance minister said that he will take the vaccine brought by the government, all are the same vaccine. Vaccines from the same company. So far we have not received any information that we are bringing the vaccine from a second source.
At the end of the meeting, it was informed that nine proposals were raised for the approval of the committee. Of these, three were from the Ministry of Industry, two from the Ministry of Shipping, one from the Ministry of Food, one from the Department of Road Transport and Highways, one from the Ministry of Housing and Public Works, and one from the Department of Health Services. Of these, the committee approved eight proposals and the total cost estimated Tk 2,059 crore 41 lakh 77 thousand 360. Out of the total financing, Tk 1,870 crore 81 lakh 81 thousand 174 will be spent from government funds, and 188 crores 59 lakh 96 thousand and 186 will be borrowed from domestic banks.
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- Anushka at Dihan`s house: Which was seen in CCTV footage
- Killing schoolgirl after rape: CID collects evidence
- Dewanbagi Pir Syed Mahbub-e-Khoda dies
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- Shaheed Dr Milon Day on Friday
- Syed Shamsul Haque’s birth anniversary today
- Cold wave may continue till tomorrow morning
- Legal action will be taken against fake news portals: Hasan
- Work of Mongla port’s new channel completed before schedule time
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Globe Biotech allowed to produce ‘Bangavax’ vaccine for trial
- Final feasibility survey before next budget
2nd Padma Bridge also to be funded by govt if necessary
- Bangladesh to deposit money to buy Oxford`s vaccine on Sunday
- General Ataul Hakim Sarwar Hasan appointed Commandant of NDC