Excise duty on bank deposits increasing
Published: 21:02 11 June 2020
Excise duty will also be collected from those who have a huge amount of money in the bank. However, those who have deposits up to Tk 10 lakh have the same excise duty as before.
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal has proposed to increase excise duty on banks in the 2020-21 fiscal year budget proposal on Thursday at Jatiya Sangsad.
He said the excise duty on bank deposits from Tk 10 lakh to Tk 1 crore has been increased from Tk 2,500 to Tk 3,000.
At the time, he proposed to increase the excise duty from Tk 12,000 to Tk 15,000 for more than Tk 1-5 crore and from Tk 25,000 to Tk 40,000 over Tk 5 crore on bank deposits.
However, the excise duty on deposits up to Tk 10 lakh remains unchanged.
- WB approves $500m for Bangladesh road connectivity development
- Bourses maintain gaining streak
- Online shopping fraud on rise
- New monetary policy announced setting 14.8 percent debt growth
- Stocks rebound on both bourses
- BEZA approved setting up 10 more Economic Zones
- 20 pc discount on air ticket by bKash payment
- New gas connections in residentials to be pre-paid
- End of suffering for pension money
- DSE records lowest transaction in 13 yrs today
- Broiler chicken prices fall Tk 10 per kg
- ‘BB giving Tk 4,000 Eid bonus in bKash’ a rumor
- Bangladesh to produce own brand motor vehicles: Humayun
- BB to probe transactions, e-commerce activities of evaly
- WB approves $1.05 bn to address economic damages