MP Liton murder
Ex-MP Quader gets life term in arms case
MP Liton murder
Published: 15:13 11 June 2019
A court in Gaibandha on Tuesday sentenced former Jatiya Party (JaPa) MP Abdul Quader Khan to life imprisonment in an arms case filed over the killing of Gaibandha-1 MP Manjurul Islam Liton.
District and Session’s Judge Dilip Kumar Bhowmik handed down the verdict after examining records and witnesses.
On December 31, 2016, Liton was shot at point-blank range by miscreants at his village home at Masterpara in Bamandanga union of Sundarganj Upazila.
He was taken to Rangpur Medical College Hospital where doctors declared him dead.
Detectives arrested Abdul Quader Khan, former Jatiya Party MP from Gaibandha-1 constituency, from his residence at Rahman Nagar Ziladarpara in Bogura district town on February 21, 2017.
On February 26 of the year, he gave a confessional statement before the court under section 164 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
Based on the information, police conducted a raid on his house at Pashchim Chhaparhati village in Sundarganj Upazila and seized a pistol, a magazine and six bullets.
Later, a case had been filed in this connection.
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- Barguna murder: HC seeks info about ‘action’ taken within noon
- Nayon Bond not made in a day: HC
- HC asks to remove 52 adulterated products by 10 days
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- 9 to die for attempting to kill Sheikh Hasina in Pabna
- Rifat murder
Rifat Farazi on 7-day remand
- Nusrat murder
Charge sheet submitted seeking death penalty for 16
- Arrest warrant issued against OC Moazzem
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- HC bars use of phrase ‘fake freedom fighter’
- Renu murder: mastermind Hridoy on 5-day remand
- Tk 76 lakh needed for testing Wasa water