Ex Ducsu VP Nur arrested
Published: 20:54 21 September 2020 Updated: 12:30 18 October 2020
Former Vice President (VP) of Dhaka University Central Student Union (DUCSU) Nurul Haq Nur. File Photo
Former Vice President (VP) of Dhaka University Central Student Union (DUCSU) Nurul Haq Nur has been arrested. Several people, including Nur, were detained after a scuffle with police in the Matsa Bhaban area in the city.
He was arrested on Monday night.
Earlier, a rape case was registered against six people including Nur. The Chhatra Odhikar Sangrakkhan Parishad, a national student body, held a protest rally at Dhaka University on Monday evening following the case lodged against Nur. Later, a clash between the agitated students and police forces took place when they reached at Matsa Bhaban area.
A few people including Nur were detained from there.
A police source said several members of the police were injured in the clash. The detail will be formally informed later, it added.
The accused in the rape case are- Hasan Al Mamun, Nazmul Hasan, Nurul Haque Nur, Md. Saiful Islam, Nazmul Huda and Abdullah Hill Baqi. Among them, Hassan al-Mamun and Nur have been charged with aiding and abetting rape.
- Maulana Golam Sarwar Saide dies
- Dr. Zohra Begum Kazi’s 108th birth anniv today
- Killing schoolgirl after rape: CID collects evidence
- Anushka at Dihan`s house: Which was seen in CCTV footage
- Dewanbagi Pir Syed Mahbub-e-Khoda dies
- Army officer adorned ‘Colonel’ rank while in coma for 7 years
- Shaheed Dr Milon Day on Friday
- Legal action will be taken against fake news portals: Hasan
- Two-day weekly holidays in schools, colleges
- Work of Mongla port’s new channel completed before schedule time
- Cold wave may continue till tomorrow morning
- 7hrs raid at Haji Selim’s residence, what recovered…
- Working to build a vibrant blue economy: PM
- Beigun’s remarks over Rohingya issue is inappropriate: China
- Irfan Selim sentenced to one-year imprisonment