Ex Bangladesh Bank deputy governor Ibrahim Khaled dies
Published: 10:06 24 February 2021 Updated: 11:52 24 February 2021
Former deputy governor of Bangladesh Bank Khondkar Ibrahim Khaled
Prominent banker, economist and former deputy governor of Bangladesh Bank Khondkar Ibrahim Khaled has passed away on Wednesday morning. He was 80.
He breathed his last at 5:45 am while undergoing treatment at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU).
Public Relations Officer of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University Prashant Majumder confirmed the information.
He said Ibrahim Khaled was admitted to BSMMU in a critical condition. Later, his condition had improved slightly. But his condition deteriorated again after he had a stroke on Friday.
Khandaker Ibrahim Khaled was admitted to the Bangladesh Specialized Hospital in the capital's Shyamoli on February 1 after being infected with the coronavirus. From there he was shifted to BSMMU.
Khaled also headed Bangladesh Krishi Bank as chairman and managing director. He has served in Sonali, Agrani and Pubali banks as well.
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Circular with 11 directives on seven-day lockdown
- 12th session of 11th parliament begins
- Temperature likely to rise
- Bir Freedom Fighters’ draft list published
- Awami League MP Aslam dies
- Ex Bangladesh Bank deputy governor Ibrahim Khaled dies
- 21 named for Ekushey Padak 2021
- Seminar on MHM of adolescent girls with disabilities
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Mitali Express for Jalpaiguri on Monday, Thursday
- Indian PM thanks Foreign Minister
- Third day`s program going on at parade ground